Entry 14

I had suspected Sotomura since the first time.

Among the four of us, Sotomura was the one who liked Shiina the most, to an alarming degree. He would occasionally glance at Shiina whenever here presence caught in his eye, as if watching.

Whether it's a feeling of love or not, his acts are quite creepy for me.

"I heard from Yukimura and Kikuchi, that you are quite a smart kid before."

"Homeroom teacher said that you will be in remedial class next month, but recently you got waivers and were relieved of the task, why?"

There were several reasons that popped into my head.

The teacher gave Sotomura a waiver to correct his name in the exam.

Considering his supposedly high grades, it would be a pity if he simply failed because of a trivial matter.

"I don't understand what you mean?!"

I showed him the two letters I found in Shiina's locker.

"You should have written your name on the letter you sent."

Surprised, he then snatched the two letters quickly. Sweat began to appear on his forehead, trembling hands examined the letter carefully.

"Why do you have it?"

I just kept silent and didn't answer.

"Answer me!"

Frustrated, he grabbed my collar and pushed me against the wall.

Now I saw it, the anxiety in his eyes, the trembling in his hands, the feeling of worry that had been unrequited, then when the answer came, it appeared like a missile that destroyed everything. His worries had
been resolved.

"Shiina was the one who gave it to me."

He wrote a letter and put his deepest feelings in the letter, but unfortunately the letter didn't get a
direct reply from the other party.

I'm the only one standing here, not Shiina who he's been waiting for.

"W-why, Ayanokouji-kun... why did Shiina give it to you?"

"Why, huh?"

"If I have to say, it's probably because the two of us are pretty close to each other."

"You two? Since whe—,

He paused, trying to properly process the problem. I felt the grip on my collar start to loosen, and he looked at me with a look that seemed to have realized everything

"Ah, now it all makes sense," he muttered. "I often notice Shiina's gaze wherever she is, hoping that she sees me. However, that gaze was fixed on someone I didn't know, and that was you, Ayanokouji-kun."

He released his grip from my collar, and slowly slumped down, sitting on the cold floor of the clubroom. During the period of silence between the two of us, I just stand quietly waiting for him to start to speak first.

After waiting for quite a while, he started to speak

"Will you listen to me for a moment?"

"My ears all yours"

-

The next morning, there was a commotion at school

"Why is it so noisy in class?"

"Because there's new rummors again today."

I walked over to a classmate who was standing near my desk. After putting down the bag and tidying up the books, I glanced around the classroom, then asked