Chapter Three: Spirit Queen

Callie and the girls were planning, thinking of ways to get back at Karen. Though something inside Callie told her something bad was going to happen and that something was the person who had been texting her for the past few months.

Callie didn't know how to approach the situation, considering when she first received the text, she was shocked.

7 MONTHS AGO

SANTON HOUSE

Music was blaring at the Santon household, as many people were dancing around.

Callie was one of those people as she was dancing on top of a table, moving her hips as she was drinking out of her cup.

"Woo-hoo," Callie yelled as she jumped off the table, spotting three familiar people. "Omg, Karen, Kelly you made it." Callie cheered as she danced her way towards them, seeing Imogen beside them. "You too Imogen."

"You didn't think we would miss your party, did you?" Karen asked as she brought the Santon girl in for a hug, pulling away. "Everything looks good."

"Well duh," Callie said. "I am the queen for throwing parties, now get out there and get yourselves drunk for your queen."

Karen and Kelly shared a smile as they walked away, leaving Callie and Imogen.

"You're more wasted than usual," Imogen commented as Callie shrugged. "Are you okay?"

"I'm perfect," Callie said as Imogen looked unconvinced. "You don't believe me?"

"Callie I can tell when something is bothering you," Imogen stated as Callie sighed, frowning. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know," Callie said. "And I will, as soon as you have a drink with me." Imogen shook her head as Callie pleaded. "Come on, just one drink and then we can talk."

"One drink," Imogen repeated as Callie nodded. "Fine, get me a damn cup."

"Woo," Callie cheered as she led Imogen to where the drinks were being handled.

Later, that night both Callie and Imogen lay in Callie's bed, as Callie was explaining her problems to Imogen who was slightly drunk, but not too drunk as she understood some of the things Callie was saying.

Callie faced the opposite way of Imogen as she was trying to hold back her tears, as Imogen comforted her.

"It's okay," Imogen said as Callie turned her way. "Look everything is going to be fine, and you know it."

"And what if it's not?" Callie asked as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "I see these things happen in movies, but I never thought it would happen to me and my life."

"It's not your fault," Imogen said. "You don't have control of the situation, you just have to be prepared for the worst to come, which hasn't come yet."

"I know bu-," Callie was cut off.

"No buts," Imogen interjected. "You can't keep thinking negatively, it would only cloud your judgment." Imogen strokes Callie's hair. "And that's not what you need right now."

Callie nodded as it was now silent between the two, as Callie looked to Imogen who was always looking at her.

Locked in her eyes, Callie inched closer to Imogen who remained where she was Callie leaned in as her lips touched Imogen's,  who remained still as she slowly kissed back.

Both girls' eyes closed as their lips moved in sync.

Realizing what was happening, Imogen quickly pulled away as Callie's eyes shot open.