Chapter Eleven: Scars

MONDAY

Callie was going through her locker as Minnie stood beside her Callie pulled out her binder.

"So how did it go with your moms?" Callie asked as she put her binder in her bag.

"My moms were kinda pissed," Minnie admitted. "I missed curfew."

Callie chuckles. "Oh shit, will they ever let you out again?"

"Actually I think so," Minnie said. "We're working on trust. Why? What are you thinking?"

"I was thinking," Callie started. "Us, bowling, tomorrow night. Millwood Lanes at 7:00, would that be cool?"

"Yeah, yeah," Minnie said as Callie closed her locker. "That would be cool."

Callie smiled as she went to stand in front of Minnie. "Great… it's a date."

Callie walked away with a proud smile on her face.

🅰️

SANTON HOUSE

Callie lay on the couch as she was on her phone texting when there was a knock on the front door.

Sighing as she got up, she walked towards the door. Opened it and she saw an older man standing in front of it.

Tilting her head as she observes the man.

"Hi," the man said as Callie only stared at him.

"Uh, hi?" Callie said as she was confused by the stranger standing outside of her home. "May I ask why you are here?"

"This is Audrey Santon's house?" The man asked Callie nods her head. "Is she here?"

"No," Callie said. "Come back later when she is."

Callie goes to shut the door, but the man puts him out to stop it from fully closing.

"If you don't mind," the man started. "I would like to wait here."

"I do mind,' Callie said. "Look I don't know whoever the fuck you are, nor do I care to."

"Wow, you got a little mouth on you," The man laughed as Callie glared at him. "Like mother, like daughter."

"What do you know about my mom?" Callie questions.

"A lot more than you do," The man said.

"Look you have five seconds to get the fuck off my property," Callie stated. "Or else I call the police and have them haul your ass in jail."

"You're not gonna do that," The man said.

"Oh yeah?" Callie questioned as she tried to close the door again but the man still had his grip in between.

"Look I'm not here to start trouble," the man said. "I just really need to see your mother."

"You're acting like a psycho stalker," Callie said as she tried to force the door to close. "Just leave already." Callie loses the pressure she had on the door as she backs away from the door, getting in a fighting stance. The man looked at her with raised eyebrows. "I know Krav Maga, you bastard."

"I'm not here to hurt you," The man said as he raised his hands. "I could never hurt you or your mother."

"I don't care what you say," Callie said as she shook her head. "I'm not letting you inside this house." The man tries to step in but Callie is quick on her feet as she strikes him in the groin with the leg as the man groans as she delivers another kick on his face as falls backward. Callie goes to the closest near the door, grabbing her bow and arrow. Aiming at the unknown man. "Now tell me who the fuck you are."