Chapter Nine: The Night He Came Home

HALLOWEEN

1999

Audrey laughed as she watched Elodie throw the pumpkin down on the ground, while Corey smashes the pumpkin that was on the ground with a bat.

Audrey and her friends minus Angela wore zombie makeup as Audrey leaned against her jeep.

Watch Davie walk up to Angela with a brown bag.

Angela sniffs the bag, as her face shows how disgusted she was by the smell. "Ugh, it smells." The girls beside Audrey laughed as she rolled her eyes at them. "What's in it?"

"Dog shot, of course," Davie said. "You're gonna throw it against that door."

"It's part of our... initiation," Sydney said as Audrey yet again rolled her eyes.

"What if they see me?" Angela asked.

"Oh, don't you worry," Davie said as she went to the back of Audrey's jeep, pulling out a pumpkin mask. "We got you."

Davie handed the mask to Angela, as Audrey glared at Davie and the girls for what they were doing.

"I don't wanna do it, guys," Angela said.

"You don't have to," Audrey told her as she received a glare from Davie. "You can always say no, none of us would be upset."

"Come on," Sydney said.

"And then we'll go to Pinball Pizza for garlic knots," Davie said.

"Come on," Majorie encourages as the others minus Audrey laugh.

Angela had put on the mask as she walked towards the house as Davie nudged Audrey.

"Give me your keys," Davie said.

"Why?" Audrey asked.

"Just give them to me," Davie demanded as Audrey reluctantly gave her keys over. "Now get inside the passenger side." Davie looked to the others as she gestured to the jeep.

Everyone got in Audrey hesitated as she went inside the passenger side of her jeep, buckling up.

She looks out the window with an uneasy feeling as she watches Angela throw the bag at the door, Davie started the jeep as she drove away, the girls cheering beside Audrey.

Audrey stuck her head out the windows, giving Angela a sad look.

🅰️

PRESENT DAY

OCTOBER 29th

Callie just looked at Noa, not really surprised but not happy either. Dropping the news that A is still here just proven how right Callie was.

The only thing Callie could never understand is why Angela Waters is the center of all their problems. And what exactly did her mother and her friends do to upset A and make him go on in revenge mode?

What was so bad was that her mother couldn't tell her. Callie wanted to know, as she started thinking of possible scenarios of what exactly happened the night of Angela's death.

All Callie wanted was to be free of A clutches and go back to her normal boring life. Where she didn't have to keep looking over her shoulder, or waiting for an incoming text from this unknown person.

Callie just wanted her life back, but it doesn't seem like she's getting that anytime soon.

Callie snapped out of her daze as Imogen spoke.

"I knew it," Imogen said. "This all goes back to our mothers, and Angela." Imogen turned to Noa. "What did your mom do to her?"

"I don't know," Noa said. "A said my mom threw Angela under the bus."