Chapter Five: Aftermath

Callie walked into the hallways as the other girls followed. She was still traumatized as she remembered it as it was happening in slow motion.

"That did not just happen," Noa said

"I've never even seen a dead body before," Minnie said as Callie still walked ahead of the girls. "Except online."

"That sound," Tabby said. "It wasn't like in the movies, her bones-"

"Imogen, what the hell happened?" Faran asked as the girls stopped walking. "What did you see?"

Callie leaned against the wall, trying to slow down her breathing.

"I don't know," Imogen said. "Um, I saw Karen up in the rafters."

"So did we," Minnie said.

"She had had a bucket," Imogen said.

"Like in, 'Carrie'?" Tabby asked.

"And there was someone else," Imogen said as Callie looked at her." Up there with her."

"Was it a man in a mask?" Callie asked as she pushed herself off the wall, hands shaking.

"Yes, you saw?" Imogen asked.

"It wouldn't be the first time seeing that guy," Callie said as she noticed the confused gaze of the girls. "I saw the same person the night when we were showing Karen's video, he stood behind the curtain."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Noa asked.

"I don't know," Callie said. "I didn't think too much of it at the time,"

"We'll talk about this later," Tabby said as she gave Callie a pointed look. "Imogen, what happened when you saw the masked guy with Karen?"

"He, he pushed her," Imogen said.

"A mask like from 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?" Tabby asked as Callie rolled her eyes.

"I've seen that dude," Noa said.

"Same," Faran said.

"The text we all got," Faran said as Callie looked away. "From A."

"One Bully down," Callie said.

"Karen," Tabby said. "It has to be."

"How?" Callie asked as the others looked at her. "She's dead. We all saw her body. That text was sent after she fell to her death."

"She didn't fall," Imogen said as she looked at all the girls. "She was murdered."

Callie felt sick to her stomach. "I-I should go."

Callie walked away as the other girls called after her.

🅰️

SANTON HOUSE

Callie walked inside her home, walking past the living to go up the stairs. But stopped when her mother called her.

"Calliope," Audrey said as Callie slowly turned to look at her mother. "What happened? I got a text from the school."

Callie had tears in her eyes as she began crying. "Mom," Callie ran into her mother's arms as she held onto her tightly.

"Sweetie, what happened?"

"K-Karen's dead," Callie said as Audrey looked down at her daughter in shock as she held her tightly as they both fell to the ground Callie cried into her mother's arms.

Audrey looked off in a daze.

PIZZA PLACE 1999

Audrey and the other girls sat in a booth in the back as Audrey looked down at her hands.