Chapter Thirteen: Carnival of Souls

CARNIVAL NIGHT

Minnie led Callie to one ride she wanted to try out.

"The carousel?" Callie asked. "That's your favorite ride?"

"Hey now," Minnie said as she playfully glared at Callie.

"All good," Callie said. "I'm just happy that your moms changed their minds and let you out of the house. But are you sure you want to do this? We can go somewhere else."

"No, it's okay," Minnie said. "As long as I'm here with you, everything will be fine. I'm gonna have fun at the Carnival with my girlfriend."

Callie's eyes widen in surprise as she slowly turns to Minnie with a small present on her face.

"Your girlfriend?" Callie asked.

"Oh, I kinda wanna die now," Minnie said nervously as Callie chuckles.

Callie holds both of Minnie's hands and brings her closer.

"I would love to be your girlfriend," Callie said.

Minnie smiled happily.

They both leaned in and kissed as Callie wrapped her arms around Minnie as they pulled apart and leaned their heads against one another.

"So, I need your help with something," Minnie said as Callie looked at her confused.

Minnie pulled out a burner phone.

"Is that a burner phone?" Callie asked as Minnie nodded. "Why do you have it?"

"Before I tell you, promise me you won't think I'm crazy," Minnie said.

"I promise," Callie said. "Now what's wrong?"

"My moms well one of them has been lying to me and has not been honest," Minnie said. "So, I bought a burner phone in hopes of getting the truth out of her."

"Truth about what?" Callie asked.

"The day when I was almost kidnapped," Minnie answered. "I just can't shake this feeling off when I think back to that day."

Callie looked at Minnie for a moment. "I'll help."

"Really?" Minnie asked.

"Of course," Callie answered.

🅰️

After finishing what they did, Callie led Minnie the Mystic Maze of Mirrors.

"What do you say?" Callie asked as they walked towards the entrance. "Wanna check out the hall of mirrors?"

"Oh," Minnie said. "Spooky, I guess."

Callie and Minnie walked inside as Callie smiled as they walked past the mirrors.

Minnie chuckles as she led Callie to what she thought wasn't a mirror but bumps into the glass.

Callie chuckles. "You okay?"

"Yep," Minnie said. "I'm just not really good at mazes."

"I kinda am," Callie said. "It's just they always change it up every year so it's hard for me to find the way out." Callie led Minnie another way. "We should go over here."

As they passed a mirror Callie was too distracted as she was trying to find the way out.

But Minnie saw the masked man as he stood.

Minnie's stops walking as she goes to look back.

Callie looks at her confused as Minnie pulls her over.