Big Time Dance

Nini was in school, scribbling down her last answer before placing her pencil down and waiting patiently.

Finally, Mrs. Collins spoke, "Okay, everyone, pencils down. Pass your finals forward, and I'll see you all at tonight's end-of-year Palm Woods school party."

Everyone groaned except for the group of five who looked confused.

"Wow. Everyone seems really not excited," Logan said to Camille.

"No, it's great," she replied. "We get cupcakes, punch, and entertainment...By Bitters."

Nini hummed. "I understand why you guys wouldn't wanna go, Bitters seems about as entertaining as an egg."

She nodded. "Pretty much."

Kendall raised his hand. "Miss Collins, don't you think we could do something remotely cool for our end-of-the-year school party?"

"Like a dance," James suggested.

"With slow dances," Logan added.

"And dates to slow dance with," Carlos added making everyone cheer.

Nini glanced at Kendall with a smile.

"Well, we've never had a school dance before, because we're really just one small classroom, but if a certain band wants to be the new school dance committee, sounds great," Miss Collins said making them cheer. "So you need to find a theme, snacks, decorations, chaperones, and we have no money, no place to have it, and since today's the last day of school, we need to have it tonight."

Nini's face fell. "Well, we're screwed."

***

The five ran into the lobby quickly.

"Okay, the theme of our dance is..." Kendall spoke.

"Move our butts, 'cause we got to do this fast," the group answered.

Kendall turned to Nini. "I need to ask you something." She smiled, hoping he would ask her to the dance. "Could you go to the convenience store and get them to donate some snackage for the dance?"

"Oh, sure," she said, slightly disappointed. "Is that the only thing you wanted to ask me?"

He paused before saying, "Oh, no, um...Could get some sodies too?"

She faked a smile. "Sure. I'll ask Jo to go with me later."

"Thanks, you're the best," he told her, pecking her cheek. The reason why none of the guys questioned their affection because Nini was always giving cheek kisses and side hugs to all of them growing up so this wasn't anything new.

She huffed and slightly pouted before hopping on James's back, not wanting to walk.

"Now we need a dance location," Kendall said before they were stopped at the door by Mr. Bitters who was in a blue magician outfit.

"Of course I'll be the entertainment at your school party. Behold, my new extreme magic act." He showed his wrists that were handcuffed. "Watch. As I escape...The handcuffs of death." He laughed before actually pulling his wrists apart but they were still in handcuffs. "Ow!"

"Actually, we're gonna have a dance this year," Carlos said.

"Can we have it here?" Nini asked.

"No, there's a handsome doctor's convention in the conference room. And I was never asked to a dance. Therefore, I despise them...And you," Mr. Bitters replied.

Nini sarcastically smiled. "Despise those handcuffs because you probably don't have a key to get out of them."

"You don't know that."