Big Time Fever

//

//

Nini rushed out of the elevator before Carlos, Kendall, and Logan could, all of them running to the pool area but stopped as it was just Mr. Bitters lounging in the pool and the rest of the Palm Woods surrounding the pool.

"Oh, come on, I'm baking like toasted cheeser! It's so hot!" Nini whined, fanning herself.

"It's 95 degrees out. Why is Bitters the only one in the pool?" Kendall asked.

"Hey, guys, check out the sign," Tyler told them.

They all looked at the whiteboard. "'Adult swim. No kids allowed'."

"That's just plain rude," Logan replied to which Nini nodded.

Kendall shook his head. "No, no, no, no, no. You guys are reading it wrong." He picked up a whiteboard marker, correcting the grammar. "It says, 'Adult swim? No, kids allowed!'"

Nini grinned as the crowd around them jumped into the pool. "Genius, K."

He grinned. "I know."

Camille smiled, walking over. "You guys are great."

"I know," Logan replied.

"No, I mean it. I mean, a few months in Hollywood usually changes people, but you're still the same down-to-earth guys you were when you got here."

"Right, I'm so proud of them," Nini said with a grin.

James walked into the pool area...with a bright orange spray tan. "Hey, guys." He sat down in a pool chair. "Another tan-tastic day in Hollywood."

Nini only continued to stare at James with the group in bewilderment.

"Does he know he looks like a yam?" Logan asked, out loud.

"I was gonna say a giant Cheeto," Nini mumbled, still not looking away.

Camille sighed. "Looks like I spoke too soon. James has Hollywood fever."

Everyone's eyes widened as Carlos said, "Oh, no. I told him not to buy clams from that guy on the freeway."

"No, hun, he's not sick with the flu or anything," Nini clarified for him.

Camille nodded. "No, this town is starting to change him, and the heat is clearly making it worse."

"Not possible," Kendall replied. "Look, we made a pact when we got here to stay true to ourselves."

Nini gave him a blank look. "Kendall, do you see the 6'1" Cheeto?" she asked, nodding to James.

"You have to shut this down before it snowballs like it did with Guitar Dude," Camille replied, nodding to the man. When he first moved here, he was a concert cellist."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah, and when the Jennifers moved here, they walked in normal motion." She nodded to the girls who still walked slowly, still rejecting Carlos who huffed.