Big Time Bad Boy

The boys were in the studio singing a new song Nini and Gustavo worked on.

"Rollin' past graffiti walls,
Billboards lighting up the block
Everyone of us on a mission...
Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the city's ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the city is ours..."

As the song finished, Logan threw his arms up in the air to cheer but he hit Carlos by accident knocking him down.

Gustavo, Kelly, and Nini stepped into the studio to which Kendall spoke, "Nins, Gustavo, the song is great."

"Um, of course, it is great," Gustavo said.

"We wrote it," Nini added. "But thanks."

"But the band isn't great," Gustavo added. What missing is the secret rock and roll ingredient."

"Hair mousse," James listed.

"Chocolate mousse," Carlos listed.

"I want that," Nini said, pointing to Carlos.

"Spandex?" Logan questioned. "Please don't say spandex."

"The bad boy," Gustavo answered. "The ill-tempered rebel with a flair for synchronized dance. One of you has to be it. I say it's Kendall."

Everyone turned to look at Kendall who had a semi-surprised look.

"Gustavo, why do we need a bad boy?" he asked.

Gustavo pointed to Kelly who played a message from a phone. "Gustavo, it's Griffin. The band needs a bad boy. Bye."

"He's driving me crazy!" Gustavo exclaimed. "But he's also right because the bad boy is a rock and roll tradition." He walked the group out to the hall to look at each boy band poster. First was BoyQuake. "Notice the back turned to the rest of the band. Bad boy." Then to Boy Last. "Notice the back turned, the dark clothing, and the scowl. Bad boy."

"But there can only be one bad boy per group, as learned from the Bad Boyz experiment of '95," Kelly stated, removing a poster to show a hidden poster with four boys turned away from one another.

"Didn't sell a single CD," Gustavo stated.

"But we're best friends. We never turn our backs on each other," Kendall stated which the boys all mumbled in agreement.

"Then let me let you in on another rock and roll secret," Gustavo stated. "The bad boy is also the most popular member of the band, makes the most money, and dates the hottest models."

Suddenly, James, Carlos, and Logan tried to be the bad boy, pushing and shoving one another, trying to turn their backs.

While Kendall and Nini just shared a look, shaking their heads in mutual agreement about their friends.

***

Nini and Kendall followed behind James, Carlos, and Logan who were striding into the apartment all of them wearing dark shades and cheering.

"Wussup, Mama Knight?" Logan greeted making Nini laugh.

Mrs. Knight looked to the only normal pair. "Gustavo says one of us has to be a bad boy," Kendall explains.

"Because it sells more CDs," Nini added with an eye roll.

"But you're all nice boys," Mrs. Knight stated before grabbing her son by the shoulders in worry. "Oh, I am so glad you're here. There's an ax maniac on the loose!"