Big Time Audition: Part 1

Nini Salazar-Roberts stood in front of the girl's hockey field with her 4 best friends: Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan.

She looked at the sprinkler valve, very tempted to turn it as Kendall spoke to the group, "Opportunities like this come once in a lifetime, and when they do, you gotta grab it and turn that thing big time."

"Turn it, and I predict a 90% chance of bodily harm, and I'm talking about us, not them," Logan replied.

Carlos dropped his hockey bag on the floor, remarking, "Wimp."

He pulled on his hockey helmet, giving it a lucky tap twice before rushing up to the sprinkler valve, trying to turn it but it was stuck in place. "It's stuck."

"Maybe it's a good thing," Nini spoke. "Those hockey girls would beat you guys to a pulp."

"And you'd be one of them if you joined the hockey team last year," Kendall stated.

Nini nodded. "Lucky for you, I don't like beating my friends up."

"I had my pop star dream again last night," James spoke up. "This time, I was wearing my lucky white v-neck, and I sang a Smokey Robinson song."

Nini clapped. "Ooh, let me guess."

Together they sang, "Tracks of my tears..."

"You're obsessed with that song," Nini chuckled.

James turned back to Carlos who was still trying to turn the valve. "What are we doing?"

"A janitor left the t-bar in the sprinkler valve, and do you wanna help us soak the girls' field hockey team?" Kendall answered.

"Yeah," James replied before he and Kendall both dropped their hockey bags and went to the sprinkler valve.

Everyone looked to Logan who sighed and dropped his bag too, going up to the sprinkler valve. "I gotta get new friends," he mumbled.

Everyone now turned to Nini who just shrugged. "Yeah, okay," she said before walking over standing between Logan and Carlos as she grabbed the valve. "Same plan as always?" she asked.

"Yep," the boys all answered at the same time before everyone turned the valve, setting off the sprinklers.

The sprinklers started to soak the girls and for living in Minnesota where the weather was pretty much freezing every day was not a good thing.

The group laughed, high-fived in victory until the hockey girls noticed them.

"Uh-oh," Nini mumbled.

"And now we run," Kendall told them before the boys split away from Nini running in different directions.

This was the plan every time. The boys would split away from Nini before they got chased.

"Meet you guys at the house!" Nini called, still running.

***

30 minutes later, the boys returned to Kendall's house, where Nini was waiting, bruises, and scratches all over them except for James because the boys needed to protect 'the face'.

Nini walked over and sat on the couch in between James and Kendall, passing an ice pack to Logan before she scooted closer to Kendall. The boys were watching the Pussycat dolls on TV.

She tried to wipe at the scratches on his arm and cheek but he kept mumbling, "Ow." To intentionally annoy her.

Nini gave him a look after the fifth time. "Say that again and you're gonna really say ow, you big baby."