Big Time Break

The group all sat at the Palm Woods pool in the pool chairs. They were quiet for a long moment until James spoke, "Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time my hairdryer blew up and I-"

Kendall, Logan, Carlos, and Nini all responded:

"Yes."

"Heard it."

"About 30 times."

"I saw it so..."

It was quiet until Logan spoke, "You know what I think ruins a smoothie?"

Everyone responded with,

"Yes."

"Raspberry seeds."

"Heard it."

"Tasted it."

It was quiet again until Carlos spoke, "Hey, do you guys remember that time..."

"Robots from space," they all replied.

Kendall sat up. "That's it. We are spending way too much time together.

"I am starting to hate all of you," James stated before looking to the girl. "Except you."

"Same here," Logan agreed.

"Split up!" Carlos yelled out.

The group all ran different directions but somehow still wound up at the crib.

"Seriously?" Nini questioned.

"Split up again!" James yelled.

Then the group split up but still ended up in the same hall at Rocque Records.

They all huffed before pushing one another to go in different directions.

Gustavo came out in a tennis-playing outfit, making the five stop. "Dogs," he spoke. "I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm starting to hate all of you." Everyone all mumbled in agreement to which Gustavo nodded. Really? Well, then, split up!"

Once again, they all went different directions but the group of five arrived back at the crib.

"Okay, what part of splitting up are we not getting here?" Logan asked.

"Who cares? We have a day off," Carlos stated.

"I call the pool to hang out with my other friends. Later," Nini spoke, rushing out the door.

Kendall slowly nodded. "Actually, I'm going to the pool too." He walked to the door but looked back at the boys. "Alone. Stay away from me."

Kendall left and shortly, the boys did too.
***

At the pool, Nini sat at a table with Jo, talking while Kendall watched from afar behind a bush.

He jumped when Katie snuck up behind him and smacked the back of his head. "Why are you spying on Nini?" Katie asked.

Kendall scoffed. "I'm not spying. I'm secretly observing her from afar."

"That's spying," Katie replied.

"Katie," Kendall scolded.

"Didn't she say she likes a guy here at the Palm Woods?" Katie stated although she knew the truth, Nini did say that.

"Yes," Kendall answered through gritted teeth. "And it would be wrong of me to ask my best friend out who's already taken. Right?"

Katie rolled her eyes. "Oh, please." She then called out, "Hey, Nini!"

Kendall was then shoved forward as Jo pointed out to Kendall. Nini smiled. "Oh, hey, Kendall," she greeted. "What's up?"

"So I'm just gonna go," Jo told Nini, standing. "See you later?"