Big Time Crib

The group trudged by the Palm Woods pool as the sun began to set.

"Five hours of dancing," Logan groaned.

"Seven hours of harmonies," Carlos groaned.

"My hand is cramping from all the writing," Nini groaned, wiggling the fingers on her right hand.

"And I sweated through 14 bandannas," James added with a sigh as they all sat down on the pool chairs.

"Thank goodness we can escape the stresses of Hollywood at the amazing Palm Woods pool," Kendall added.

Nini hummed closing her eyes but they shot open as a loud bell rung and some woman stomped over. "What's this? I didn't order extras."

"Um, we live here," Nini spoke.

"This is our pool," Kendall added.

"No, this is the set for the sexy dog dog food commercial, starring Lightning the TV wonder dog," the woman replied, motioning to Lighting across the pool.

"Hey, Lightning," the group all called.

Lightning barked and waved back.

"Strike the kids," the woman called out.

Before they all knew it, they were picked up by a group of crew members who carried them into the Palm Woods lobby, being dropped on one of the couches.

"Well, at least we can recharge in the stylish Palm Woods lobby," Kendall spoke.

Mr. Bitters walked over to the five with a small laugh. "Ah, the five hockey players from Minnesota."

"I'm not getting a friendly vibe," Logan stated.

"No loitering in the lobby after 9:00," Mr. Bitters told them before looking at his watch. "Oh, look at the time. 9:01."

Reluctantly, the group got up but not before Nini stuck her tongue out at Bitters.

They made it to their apartment, entering through the door.

"Then there's the gracious interior of our very own apartment 2-J," Kendall spoke in a sad tone.

Their apartment was disgusting. Dirty spots on the carpet, holes in the wall...

"This place is horrible," Nini spoke with Carlos and Logan.

They all sat on the couch which wobbled and fell to the side, unstable, knocking Nini into Kendall.

***

The group made it back down to the lobby to which Nini kept hitting the bell over and over again until Mr. Bitters came out.

"What? I'm busy," Mr. Bitters snapped with his hand clutching his sandwich but Nini kept pressing the bell to annoy him.

Until he grabbed the bell from her as Kendall said, "We'd like a nicer apartment, please."

James pointed to the sign with the apartment looking nice. "How come everyone else gets one of those cool apartments?"

"And ours is a big time dump," Carlos added.

"2J, a dump?" Mr. Bitters questioned. "If by 'dump,' you mean 'really cool'."

Nini let out a small exaggerated, "Ha! Good one, Bitters. Tell me another joke."

"That wasn't a joke," Mr. Bitters told her.

"I'm pretty sure it was," Nini replied.

"Don't believe me? All right, fine. I'll show you guys," Mr. Bitters said.