02

Highest point. Something that might take a little while longer when Keynna looked out the window and up at the sky.

Quietly, Keynna opened the door as the moon reached its highest point; looked right and left down the hall; listened for a moment and hurried quickly down the hall and stairs, then disappeared through a back door. If she was lucky, she was neither heard nor seen. She may not have been a prisoner and was allowed to move freely, but she should let them know when she left and, more importantly, where she was going. Now, at this time of day, there would be too many questions asked that she had no desire to answer, nor was it anyone's business. A lady has no business on the streets at this time of day, she could hear Roran saying, as he merely had to listen to her father's instructions.

Hard to believe but the streets of King's Landing were busy places even in the night hours. Not like during the day, yet some people, more than one would assume, were to be found. Perhaps an advantage, as Keynna would possibly not stand out or someone would ask questions as to why she was out at the current time.

"There have been some changes, as I could see," Keynna began as she saw the white-haired man sitting on a rock as she approached, looking out at the bay, lost in thought, and thanks to her words, turned to the side and looked at her, "Shouldn't it be 'highest hour' and not, 'highest point'? And what does 'Little Lion' actually mean?"

"To you too, good evening, Lady Lannister," Daemon was heard instead, paying no attention to her questions and stepping down from his stone to meet Keynna, "My Prince, it is good to see you after all this time. How are you?"

"My prince....", Keynna replied sweetly and made a little curtsy, which made Deamon nod knowingly, because the underlying mockery in the blonde's voice, was unmistakable, ".... I haven't missed you much."

"You me, all the more so," as Daemon said this, the Targaryen took Keynna's hands and a smile tugged at his lips, "Your visit will hardly be due to the tournament my brother is hosting for me. To what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

"The hope of finding a husband," Daemon's smile was returned by Keynna, who turned her gaze down to her hands, as the king's brother had begun to play with them, "How are you?"

"Fine," but Keynna didn't quite believe it because there was something in the prince's demeanor that didn't match his words, "I'm sure you shouldn't have any trouble finding a husband. Before the tournament is over, you will have found one."

"I don't think so, besides, no woman is dependent on a man," the Lannister shook her head and looked up at Daemon, "How about it, is the prince participating in the tournament, or does he prefer to watch the spectacle?"

Silly question. Of course, Daemon Targaryen himself was participating in the tournament.