10

The first (and only) fight Keynna was interested in was that of Daemon. Not because it was Deamon, but how it would turn out for his opponent. She expected the prince to win, no question, since he was one of the best fighters in the country, but it remained to be seen whether his opponent would have it easy or hard. In addition, how it stood at the end around him.

"Lady....," but Keynna waved it off, causing Sivas to pause and look irritatedly at Roran, but the guardsman merely shook his head as the Lannister daughter looked down into the arena, transfixed.

"Who do you think you'll choose?" murmured Keynna, a slight smirk on her lips more intended for herself than others, or those, in her immediate vicinity, "I know you. Your choice will have a reason. Accordingly, for whom do you decide and what, do you intend?"

Interesting. Quite interesting, Keynna thought as Daemon's choice fell on the son of the King's Hand, Gwayne Hightower. Why the son of Otto Hightower, of all people? There were far better opponents than Gwayne. In both directions. Ones that could be beaten without much effort, as well as ones where the prince had to exert himself. Either way, the choice fell on a young man who counted as average. Which in turn meant that this was much more about Ser Otto Hightower.

It took a little while, then all at once an 'Oh' followed by 'Now I understand' escaped Keynna. Indirect humiliation is what it's supposed to amount to.

Granted, it was quick. A little unfair, but cheers could be heard from everywhere afterwards as Hightower Junior was 'knocked' off his horse by Daemon. After Gwayne's hit, which almost threw the prince off his horse, Daemon thrust his lance not against his opponent's chest, but between the legs of his horse. No wonder Otto's son fell when his horse was made to stumble.

A snort escaped Keynna, followed by a dismissive shake of the head, yet she began to join in the crowd's clapping as Daemon rode down the row to be celebrated by the crowd. For a moment, a tiny little one, she could have sworn that the prince's gaze rested on her, but with the crowd of people, not particularly imaginable.

What followed next was unparalleled in mockery and derision. Here it became clear, it went exclusively to humiliate Otto Hightower personally. No sooner had Hightower's badly wounded son been taken from the square than Deamon rode up to the royal box and asked for Alicent Hightower's favor, which he of course got. First the son and now the daughter. The two seemed truly good friends.

"Allow me to ask," Sivas tried again and since the fight was over, Keynna turned to him, "Shouldn't you be sitting with the royal family and his staff if you know the prince?"

"Know may be too much to say," Keynna shook her head with her lower lip pushed forward, "Met and entertained the odd time. At what point do you actually know a person at all? Can you ever really know a person? Therefore.... um, oh, sorry, I..... Lannister. Keynna Lannister."

"Then it makes a lot of things clear to me now," which could only mean that Sivas had definitely picked up on the talk about Keynna, and it was certainly that which liked to include being rude and forward, "From what I hear, you don't think much of public events or parties. Must be something special for you to be here."

If special, meant coercive, this was true.

//////////////////////////

When I started the story, I thought no one would be interested. Be it because of the OCs, the plot involvement or my bad English. So just a thank you at this point.