18

The time on Dragonstone passed so much faster than Keynna could have ever dreamed. In the first days after their arrival together, she continued to feel a certain tension, because it felt so unreal to her. A snap, she awoke and it was over, and in one fell swoop, back at Casterly Rock. Gone was the peace she couldn't feel anyway. It had been too easy.

With each passing day, Keynna had initially assumed she would hear from her father, and no matter how many times Daemon assured her that she needn't have worried, it wouldn't get through to her. All these years, since she was of age, she was supposed to be married, and now that she was on Dragonstone, with the prince, it was just over? Certainly not. She thought she knew her father too well for that. Besides, it was the same that he was to be told by the Roran that his daughter was to become a Targaryen. Knowing her father as she did, he had merely started laughing at Daemon's message and asked Roran what kind of joke this was.

However, nothing came. Neither ravens nor any other person belonging to Lord Lannister. After a month of silence, Keynna also began to gradually become calmer. In the second month, she could finally enjoy her new freedom and another month later, all that was expected of a Lannister was water under the bridge. It no longer interested her.

Sometime, one evening, as Keynna wandered the corridors of Dragonstone with a mug of liquor, she passed by Daemon's room; knocked, politely, on the open door, which earned her 'you me too' looks, and leaned into the doorframe.

One thing still hadn't been settled, the 'becoming Targaryen' thing. Quite simply, as Daemon had meant, namely as he had said to Roran. She would be named Targaryen, which meant she would be married, and not just to any man, but to the prince. A chuckle escaped Keynna's lips, and she looked into her cup with a broad grin, from which she then took a sip.

He couldn't be serious, but Daemon raised his cup of wine, which stood on the window ledge, and told her to take her chances and see what happened. A better match would be merely the king himself. A prince, a Targaryen and dragon rider, no father would object to that. Which included a Jason Lannister.