12

It was over. Yesterday, Keynna had said to Daemon that he should be duly celebrated tomorrow, and this, the prince had done. In the meantime. During his fight. At the most inconvenient of all moments, otherwise the tournament would have ended differently. With a Targaryen as the winner. Daemon should be celebrated as the winner and not during the fight. Who could have foreseen this in advance? Prince Daemon Targaryen loses to a previously unknown knight.

"Thank the gods," the relief Keynna felt at that moment was irreplaceable, as it meant she had done her 'duty', "It's over and we can head home."

"You obviously don't like the capital," Sivas laughed at Keynna's reaction, "I was always happy when it was away from home. No matter where it was going. Is it the people here or why do you want to go home so badly? You have the opportunities, so why not get to know the country?"

"She's only pretending," Roran forestalled the young Lannister, who therefore only raised her eyebrows and looked askance at the guardsman, eager to hear what the man would say, "If she had to stay here, it wouldn't be the end for her. One or two things would take care of that....."

"Yeah, people are great. The more the merrier. So, no thanks," Keynna interrupted Roran, because the guardsman obviously wouldn't let a certain topic rest, and turned from him to Sivas, "If I lived in the north, I'd want to get away from there too, and take every opportunity to do so. Tell me, what are my options? A name is both a curse and a blessing. Tell my father I could go on a journey and he would laugh at you. He has a different plan for me and it does not include many things, otherwise I would not be in the city. Being a daughter may have advantages, but, and this is often forgotten. Where there are advantages, there are always disadvantages. I'm not a boy."

"There comes a day when parents have to learn that their children are adults and will make their own decisions," Sivas said, because obviously the dark-haired man didn't know some families, "You may not be a boy, but you are a woman. Should be enough, don't you think?"

No, somehow not. This was one of the moments where Keynna started to smile, either looking to the side or down and back to the person she was talking to. She didn't possess the slightest idea of what Sivas was trying to say. In this world, being a woman was not enough. It was men who were in charge and in control of just about everything. Women were given a different task.