23

The news that a Lannister was in King's Landing and living there from now on had spread like wildfire. Renounced by her family. Forsaken by the great Lannisters. Which was foreshadowed by the fact that she never wanted to marry and was now the second wife of Daemon Targaryen. Lord Flea Bottom, which basically meant nothing more than being a whore king.

A Lannister, a second wife. Royal family or not. A dragon rider. A disgrace. A real shame for such an ancient and respected family.

Keynna could not say how long it had taken her to fully settle in the capital. It had probably been one of those gradual processes where a person could not know or say for sure when it had happened or when it had arrived. At some point it just happened.

The Lannister daughter had settled on the outskirts of town. More peace, less people. Which meant less hustle and bustle. Which was funny, because that was exactly what Keynna needed to live in King's Landing. Without people there was no bustle, without bustle there was no information, and without information there was nothing for her to trade. Whether it was new information, favors, food, clothing, or simply money. With the right information, life was good. Really good.

The downside of such a lifestyle was that you made enemies. And it wasn't always an advantage to have the Lannister name or to have Daemon for a husband. The little Targaryen whore. It was a dream. One small ray of hope Keynna had was that Daemon was not unpopular in some districts and she treated people like people and was treated well by the people.

Treat a person the way you want to be treated. Be nice, be friendly, and give everyone the respect they deserve, and people will treat you the same way. No matter how difficult it may be. Whether this is always the case is another matter entirely. But it doesn't matter how others treat you, because

Treat a person the way you want to be treated. Be nice, be friendly, and show everyone the respect they deserve, and people should treat you the same way. No matter how difficult it may be. Whether this is always the case is another matter entirely. But it doesn't matter how others treat you, because in the end, it's all about how you go through life, not how others go through life.

And just because someone was nice to you in King's Landing doesn't mean anything. Healthy suspicion. Nice didn't always mean nice. Like the invitation Keynna received. You are cordially invited to this year's royal hunt.