09

A great, if not, dreamlike day, it would become for Keynna. Countless people and a brutal 'spectacle'. A game of life and death. To the delight of the people, because only here, murder and manslaughter was a great thing. Understand one the people.

Full was not an expression for what Roran and Keynna found, when both reached the tournament place and looked for free places. Neither were late, the guardsman had made sure of that, but others were up far earlier it seemed. It was hard to believe, and even harder to believe, how popular such an event was. And it would get a lot more crowded.

In one respect, no matter how little Keynna thought and possessed left of this hustle and bustle, Viserys cared immensely about this tournament and this was evident as banners, of the various participating houses, and other decorations hung everywhere.

Welcome, I know many of you have traveled long hours to attend these games. But I promise you, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the noble knights on these lists, I see a group without equal in our history. And this great day, is now even more auspicious. By this news that I want to share with you. Queen Aemma has gone into labor. May the blessing of the Seven shine down upon all comrades-in-arms.'

"How long do I have to stay until I'm allowed to leave?" wanted to know Keynna, smoothing her dress after they both found something in the lower third of the audience seats, barely interested in the king's words, "At what point does my presence count as participating?"

"Until you have enough to tell that your father believes you were here," a groan escaped Keynna at Roran's reply, "A few likely rich. What happens will make the rounds anyway."

"Men from all over Westeros, in armor, have fallen off their horses; been injured or killed," Keynna replied matter-of-factly and began to snort, "And I don't have to be a fortune teller to know this. We all know what's going to happen."

"Most of the time, being seen is enough," a dark haired man could be heard behind them, to whom Roran and Keynna turned, "Most events are just about seeing and being seen. What happens there is secondary for many."

"May I ask what your name is?", Keynna wanted to know instead of following the opening fight, ignoring Roran's gaze as she once again, didn't care for any customs, "Hardly anyone would say it's merely about seeing and being seen if he or she didn't know."

"Maybe it's also still about cultivating relationships and building new ones," the man added further, missing a thing or two Keynna had, like, gossiping and scheming, "Sivas Bolton, M'Lady."