03

For the rest of the night Keynna should not get much sleep. It was getting loud in the streets of the capital. Where the noise came from, she did not know at first, then, the closer she came to the hostel, light was to be seen, which must come from even further back.

Curiosity is the death of man, but tonight, Keynna wanted to avoid trouble, no matter what form it might take, and listen to one of too many moronic sayings. Therefore, she spit to get back to her room and thereby, to attract as little attention as possible.

When Daemon said goodbye, he asked if he should accompany Keynna, but her answer was that she was a big girl and could manage on her own. Of course she would, was to be heard from the Targaryen on it and something in Valyrian, which she did not understand. 'Sȳz bantis, issa byka kēlio' or something like that.

In the first moment, Keynna wanted to ask him and it had been obvious to her that this question was on the tip of her tongue and possibly, the prince hoped for it, but instead, she simply nodded and, walking backwards, moved away from Daemon and, after a few meters, turned around.

Shortly after sunrise, the noise of the night had hardly come to an end and Keynna had fallen asleep, the first people were already on the streets. Grumbling and grumbling, she rolled onto her stomach and pressed her face into the pillow. This day was going to be terrible.

The City Watch had been responsible for the night's disturbances, Keynna learned from the owner of the inn. It would be for her own good if she first avoided certain streets, the man added, addressing Roran as well, for it was not a pretty sight. When she asked what had happened, the man did not want to answer at first, but as she put her cup back on the table and looked at him curiously, he told them that there had been numerous executions. At the behest of the prince and commander of the city guard, all criminals were to be seized and then executed or punished.

As if Keynna would have guessed. This day would be wonderful.