04

In recent days, maybe weeks, it had become worse again in terms of crimes inside the city and outside the walls, on the roads to the capital. Muggings, thefts, vandalism, rapes, attacks and murders. Things got better with the new leadership.

"Arbitrariness," a young man near the door spoke up, who must have overheard their conversation, "Pure arbitrariness."

"In what way?" inquired Roran, causing the man to turn to them.

"Ever since the Prince was appointed commander of the City Watch and has had unrestricted control over them, their actions have become increasingly brutal," they were told by the dark-haired man, whose enthusiasm for Deamon was clearly in check, "Not to mention cruel and newly brutal. I'm not even sure if everyone being punished is guilty, or guilty of anything at all. More punishments and convictions make it seem like law and order is top priority and everything is under control."

"You know the prince?" was followed up by Keynna in the wrong curious tone, folding her arms on the table, but it was the way and tone the Lannister asked why Roran looked to her at the drop of a hat, "If you are of the court, why are you here and not in the castle?"

"I do not belong to the King's court, nor do I know the Prince personally, I am sorry, merely that which is told about him, such as that he is usually to be found in the Flea Bottom quarter, enjoying himself with the dancers. Therefore, he is already called Lord Flea Bottom. He owes his position only to his brother, the king, which brings him privileges and, above all, indulgence. Without him, he would have nothing," replied the man, who by now had sat down at the table next to Keynna and Roran, "Ser Christon Cole, My Lady. I am here, as are many others and presumably you, for the tournament."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you there," once again, typically Keynna, "I'm not here for the tournament, only at my father's request and so he wouldn't get the idea of putting me in a sept."

Nonetheless, a meaningful smirk settled on Keynna's lips as she reached for her cup and, a little later, took a sip from it.