14

Tomorrow morning, when the sun had risen, Roran and Keynna would leave and start their journey home. Half a day would not matter, she could scowl and get in a bad mood, as the guardsman said to the young Lannister, because she had thought it would start on the same day.

Keynna didn't even need to go into the city to pass the time until the evening, because the cleanup work would be in full swing and she would be the purest hindrance, and vice versa, she couldn't walk undisturbed through the streets.

The funeral of the queen and his child took place this very day, as could be heard in the streets. Keynna had folded her arms on the windowsill, leaned a little forward out the window and started to observe the streets and people. It was amazing how much there was to hear. What was to be heard was interesting, because here in the streets and squares, real life was taking place.

What was a king without a people? No king, just a man with a crown.

But far more interesting was that which was to be seen, instead of heard. Who was in cahoots with. Who was sneaking through the streets, hoping not to be seen and recognized. A meeting to gossip here, a gossip group there. A person who carried the news through the streets so that every citizen was up to date.

The longer Keynna spent at the window, the more she realized how easy it was to find out things. All the little sparrows in the city, needed exclusively to listen and observe, the rest happened all by itself. It was made downright easy for them. Whoever talked in the streets, should be careful what the person told and how loudly, but even if, nothing of what was told could be understood, there were still eyes that saw who was whispering with whom. At the right time, in the right place.

"Forgive me," at Roran's words Keynna flinched and abruptly turned to the door, which is why the guardsman pointed to the door, informing her that she had not noticed his previous knock, "Do not make me regret the following. Promise me."

"If I don't know what it's about, I can't promise anything," anything else would be stupid too, however Keynna frowned at the sight of Roran, "What's wrong with you? You seem strange."

No need to worry, as the Lannister soldier said.