Chapter 8

Y/n's POV:

I groan as sunlight shines into the hotel room. I feel around the bed until I find another pillow and put it over my head. Just as I was about to go back to sleep, I hear the hotel room door open.

"Oh good, you're awake now," Five says.

"No, I'm not. I'm still asleep," I say into the pillow. I hear a small laugh before the corner of the bed sinks down a bit.

"You gotta get up. We have to meet Lila soon."

"She can wait."

"I brought you food."

I slowly look up from under the pillow to see Five holding a plastic to-go box.

"What kind of food," I ask with a smile.

"Uh waffles, bacon, eggs, and orange juice. Got them at the Waffle House across the street because they closed down breakfast an hour ago downstairs."

I smile and sit up as Five hands me the to-go box and orange juice.

"You really know the way to a girl's heart," I say before giving him a kiss.

Five cups my cheek and kisses me back. I pull away and place another kiss on his cheek. Five smiles and I open the to-go box. I take the fork out of the box and take a bite of the eggs.

"Mmm, these are good," I say as I point to the eggs. "Try them."

I hand Five my fork and he grabs some eggs from my box. He takes a bite of them and nods his head a couple of seconds later.

"Hmm, they are good."

"The suit looks nice on you," I say as I look him up and down.

"Thanks."

"I feel a little bit underdressed tho. I don't need to wear a fancy dress or anything right?"

"No you don't have to wear a fancy dress," Five says with a little laugh.

"Why are you all dressed up anyways? What if we have to murder the board of directors again," I ask. Five frowns and gives me a "Not funny" look.

"Right... sorry. Not funny."

"You think this plan will actually work," Five asks me.

"It better or we are screwed.

When I was done eating breakfast, I get up, pick up my clothes from the floor, and walk over to the closet that was in the hotel room. I throw the clothes into the laundry basket and walk to the bathroom.

"I'll be out in a minute," I call to Five.

"Okay, but hurry up. We need to be downstairs in 30 minutes."

I quickly turn on the shower and wait for it to warm up. When the water was hot I jump in and stand under it. I listen to the water running and the TV playing in the hotel room as I think. So many things have happened these last few days it's honestly hard to keep up with. I learned what else I can do with my powers, I find out the other version of me was a Sparrow who died when she was 13, and now we have to deal with The Grandfather Paradox.

When will we get a fucking break...

I quickly shake it all off and finish up in the shower. When I was done, I grab a towel and wrap it around my body. I walk over to the sink and quickly brush my hair and teeth. When I was done I walk out into the room and to the closet. I pick out an outfit and start putting it on.

"So what exactly is the plan," I call to Five.

"Gonna try to hotwire the briefcase so we can get back to The Commission. Then we are going to talk to Herb and ask him how he lets things get screwed up this bad."