Chapter Six: Memories

It was Monday and to start off Jeongguk's morning he had math with Mr. Thomas, period one. He sighed and rested his chin on his arms as he watched the older male rant endlessly about the importance of fractions in an equation. He tried to list the many reasons (endless really) of when he would ever use this bullshit in real life. He couldn't think of a single one "Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean you could just skip them." Mr Thomas said. "It's part of the equation and without them, you wouldn't get the correct answer." If you haven't noticed, Jeongguk's class isn't the smartest. His math class was a college prep class along with all his others (college prep is the lowest class in high school, at least where I'm from). Math wasn't his best subject, heck, school wasn't his best subject. Jeongguk sighed once more and turned his head to look out the window. His classroom was on the top floor along with all the other senior classes. The class's desks were in rows and everyone had a seatmate. Jeongguk sat at the far back near the window and since Yoongi and Hoseok didn't have math this period, and no one had the courage to, he sat by himself.

It didn't really bother him much since he didn't talk to any of the other students in this class, heck, he didn't even know half of their names. He was lucky to remember the teachers name. Since the classroom was on the top floor, he got a perfect view of the courtyard and the sky. He could see the students that passed by and the birds that flew overhead. Some idiot was getting chased by the security guard. Jeongguk silently cheered her on.

 At the moment, while he was lost in his thoughts, someone knocked on the classroom door, interrupting the lesson. The teacher went to investigate while the students took this chance to breathe and converse with their friends. Mr. Thomas had been gone for a couple minutes before he stuck his head through the door and cleared his throat. "Jeongguk," he called out. "Come here for a second."

Jeongguk groaned and followed orders. He grabbed his bag thinking that they had found out about the incident in the bathroom. He may or may not have kicked down one of the bathroom stall doors. With the thought that he was caught, he lazily made his way out the classroom. "Listen," Jeongguk started, running a hand through his hair. "I didn't mean to kick the door down, it was lock-"

"G-Gukkie!" A voice sang and grabbed at this arm. Jeongguk looked at the figure to see it was Taehyung, who had his head buried in his shoulder.

"Taehyung!" Jin said and tried to coax the boy out of his hiding place. "Baby, come here."

"N-No!" He said and shook his head against Jeongguk's arm. "D-Don't wa-want to!"

"Taehyung!" Jin groaned and rubbed his face. "Please, Tae."

Again Taehyung shook his head and kept hiding. While they were bickering, Jeongguk was left confused. Alongside Jin and Taehyung, the principle was there too.

"Hold on, hold on." Jeongguk said. "What the hell is going on?"

"Language." Mr. Wang said and Jeongguk rolled his eyes. Mr. Wang sighed and continued. "Taehyung's going to be jointing your math class."

"What?" Jeongguk asked. "Why?"

"We thought it would be a good idea for him to interact with other students." Jin said. "He opened up to you pretty quickly so maybe he would do the same with other students."

"Yeah okay." Jeongguk said, agreeing with Jin. "But why me? Why my math class?"

"Well, he seems pretty attached to you." Mr. Wang motioned to Taehyung who was still clutching Jeongguk's arm. "And we don't want to throw him in a classroom where he doesn't know anybody, he might have a panic attack if we did that."

"Well do I have a say in this?" Jeongguk asked. "I mean, I already have to watch him during lunch and free period. Now I have to babysit him during class?"