Chapter Twenty Six: Daddy Issues

Trigger Warnings: Slurs 

Lunch passed pretty smoothly on both ends. Jeongguk finally learned the basic english verbs and what they meant in Korean and Taehyung had managed to not get on Ji-Hyun's bad side. Not yet at least.

Taehyung did annoy the elder boy a lot but Namjoon was right, Ji-hyun couldn't do much. Jin had been watching them like a hawk. Did you really think that he'd take his eyes off them, even for a second? This is his baby brother we're talking about, the most pure and innocent creature to ever walk the earth. Did you really think that Jin would just leave Tae with Ji-Hyun?

Yeah, no.

Jin has always been protective of Taehyung ever since they're mother died and father left. They're mother died of breast cancer when he was sixteen and Tae was twelve. In the first couple months after she left everything was strange. Taehyung didn't understand that his beloved mother had left for a better place and always asked where she was. So much so that it drove their father crazy.

His father started drinking about two weeks after she died and would sometimes disappear for a few days. He would leave the teen to fend for himself and his brother. The longest he's been away was for three months and in that two months Jin met Namjoon.

Jin and Namjoon were eighteen, both legal adults, while Taehyung was fourteen. The two met at Jin's old workplace, an ice cream shop by the name of "The Dreamy Creamy". Jin was at the counter, scooping up ice cream while Namjoon was the person ordering.

At the time, Jin knew he was gay and actually discovered it when he was seventeen and watching a Brad Pitt movie. He wasn't out yet considering he didn't think it was necessary. He didn't have time for a significant other and was too busy watching over Taehyung to have a love life. Also, he didn't know how his father would react. Their mother had always had an open mind and never showed signs of being against the LGBTQ community but his father was different.

Whenever there was a couple of the same gender on tv he would shut it off. When he saw two men holding hands down the street he dragged Jin away before he could see them. He never spoke out verbally about them but his actions spoke for him.

Namjoon on the other hand was somewhat similar. His friends and family knew of his orientation and didn't mind so much. There was an aunt who was against it but she was cut out of his life very quickly. He was out but not everyone who knew him knew of his sexuality. Most people in school still thought he was straight and being the hot popular jock that he was, girls had always tried to get in his pants. What they didn't know was that Mr. Dreamy had eyes on the quiet nerd in the front of the classroom. The tall brunette with honey eyes and plump pink lips. He always wore black glasses at the bridge of his nose and would push them back up with his middle finger.

Namjoon had first noticed this abnormally beautiful boy during the first day of junior year. They had collided in the halls and Jin's books had scattered on the ground. Namjoon had helped Jin pick up his books but the brunette had ran away while repeating a series of "thank you"'s and "sorry"'s before he could ask for his name. He was delighted when he discovered the two would share the majority of their classes together that year but they never had the chance to talk. Namjoon was too shy to approach the gorgeous boy and had always watched from afar.

A year passed and the boys hadn't said much to each other and it was a one sided crush on Namjoons part. So Namjoon thanked whatever god was up there when he walked into that ice cream shop and locked eyes with the honey browns he's been dreaming of.

They had talked while Jin was scooping up some rocky road onto a cone and Namjoon even tried flirting with him which resulted in some giggles. Namjoon would smile whenever he heard Jin's laugh and the two exchanged their instagrams before Namjoon paid and left.