Chapter Forty One: A night to remember

"Tae? C'mon, bub, Jeongguks gonna come in a few hours! We better get ready if you want to look good!" Jin called as he shook a grubby Taehyung from his nap.

"F-Five more min-minutes." He stuttered sleepily. The older male huffed before throwing the blanket covering his baby brother to the ground and picking up said sibling. "I will not allow you to go to prom looking like an absolute mess so get up, you lazy bum, and get ready!"

And so, Jin bridal carried Taehyung to the bathroom where he plopped him into an already ready and warm bath. Taehyung whined and fake cried as he splashed the water around him and hit his brother's hand away from his hair. "Kim Taehyung." Jin threateningly warned and he halted his bratty behavior. Of course, he still pouted the entire time and mumbled under his breath of how unfair and unrealistic the elder was being.

"Looks like someone's grumpy today." Namjoon said as he leaned against the door headboard and crossed his arms. He looked at the two males with a fond smile and love in his eyes as Jin tried to pull a flailing Taehyung out of the tub.

"Oh, really?" His boyfriend said, out of breath. "Hadn't noticed."

Namjoon chuckled as he assisted Jin with getting Taehyung into some formal clothes. Taehyung, of course, made their jobs harder by taking off a piece of his suit anytime they looked away. When Jin went to go get the hair dryer and Namjoon went to empty the bath, Taehyung stripped himself of his bowtie, jacket, belt, and almost his pants before Namjoon turned around. It was about thirty minutes later that the child-like-teen was finally dressed in prom-appropriate-clothing, forty minutes when his hair was finally dry and combed, and two hours before Taehyung stopped fidgeting with his attire.

Namjoon came out from the kitchen and sat down next to a pouty Taehyung. "Bub, what's wrong? Don't you want to go to prom with Jeonggukie?"

"I-I d-do!" He defended before letting his head fall back again.

"Then what's wrong?"

"'M sc-scared." He whispered and bit his thumb.

"Why?" Namjoon asked gently as he scooted closer.

"I Can't d-dan-dance." Taehyung mumbled. "Wh-What if th-they laugh at me?"

"Then I'll back hand them to the fucking sun." Jin said from the bathroom where he was putting his makeup on.

"Language." Namjoon said, surprised that it was Jin who swore.

Jin obviously ignored him and continued, "Besides, you shouldn't let them affect you, love. This is your night with your boyfriend. The only thing that matters is him and that you have fun."

"Wh-What if G-Guk l-laughs?" Taehyung asked nervously.

"If he's laughing then it's most likely with you not at you." Namjoon added. "Also, have you seen Jeon dancing? He looks like a flailing monkey." Taehyung giggled and that was all he needed to get excited about prom once more.

------

There was a knock on the door and Taehyung sprinted out of his room and into the hall. "I-I g-go-got i-it!" He yelled and pushed past Namjoon. He opened the door with a bounce in his step and the largest, boxy smile, yet it fell when he realized that the person was not his boyfriend. Taehyung went to slam the door in the stranger's face and go mope in his room when the man put his foot into the house. The door swung wide open and Namjoon, who was behind Taehyung, had a sudden realization.

"Taehyung, go to your room." He said quickly and pulled the younger boy behind him.

"I see you're still hanging around my sons." The man said and Namjoon glared at him.