Chapter 5

Rose's Point Of View-Same day.

"Then don't."

I reached up and kissed him, my hands on his neck. At first he was hesitant, but within a few seconds he, too, was pulled into it.

I was pulled onto his lap and we continued our make out session, I felt his tongue ask for entrance and I accepted and opened my mouth, our battle for dominance beginning. My hands moved to his shirt and started undoing the buttons, my hands feeling his chest and stomach as I went. He groaned and held the hem of my shirt. We pulled away for a moment to breathe and ripped the fabric.

"That was my favorite shirt, you jerk." He chuckled.

"I'll buy you a new one."

He kissed me again and pushed the sleeves off of me, leaving me only in my sports bra. My stomach was showing off and he ran his hand over the bulge of the baby gently. I smiled.

We pulled apart for another second, his eyes burning with desire. He looked at me in the eyes.

"What are we doing?" He asked.

I smiled. "Everything."

* * *

Three Hours Later

I awoke to the sound of the door closing, and a sleeping Russian man shifting in his sleep, his arm holding me closer. I noticed we were both naked and I smiled, remembering the past few hours. It felt amazing to wake up next to him, and I wanted it to happen again.

In fact, I realized I wanted to wake up next to him every morning.

I turned over so I was facing him and began placing kisses on his chest. I heard him hum in appreciation while waking up. He kissed my forehead and opened one of his eyes. "Good morning." He said.

I shivered at his accent and laughed. "It isn't morning, Comrade. It is 4:00 pm." His eyes opened wide. I laughed again, "calm down, buddy. They aren't back yet." I checked my phone. "Lissa said they wouldn't be for another hour."

The messy - haired Russian nestled his nose into the crook in my neck. He kissed there. "Then let's sleep in for five more minutes, yes?" I was surprised. It seemed that Dimitri was not a morning person.

"Sorry, but we have three hours until sun-up. We have to do something productive." I kissed him and sat up. I walked to the closet, grabbing a different navy blue shirt and putting on plaid pajama pants. I didn't bother with my hair. I just let it fall.

I watched Dimitri get out of bed through the mirror on the closet door. He grabbed the pants on the ground near the bed, but didn't put his shirt on and walked over to me, hugging me from behind. We looked in the mirror at ourselves. "I am so sorry for leaving, Roza." He said after a short silence.

"I can only blame myself. I told you to go, didn't I?" I leaned back into him.

"Well, yes... but I didn't want to." He replied, kissing my hair. This was a side to Dimitri that he didn't ever show. A soft side that I appreciated. A side that was left for me, even if he wasn't there to deliver it.

I turned and kissed his chest and reached up to wrap my arms around his neck. The 6'7 man before me wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me gently. We broke apart and walked to the door, our hands intertwined. Upon opening it, we heard our friends downstairs just coming in.

So much for another hour. Dimitri sighed and turned back into the room, grabbing his shirt and walking downstairs. We walked at a distance, not wanting to let anyone know that all ill wills between us was forgiven. We had decided before we fell asleep that we wanted to wait and tell them together, but also we wanted to see where this relationship would go.

While descending the stairs, I could hear Lissa yelling something about how it was believable that Pi could survive on a boat for nearly a year with a tiger. Mia's counter argument was "He was barely an adult and he knew how to train an adult Bengal tiger? Doubtful."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you guys seriously talking about Life of Pi? We saw that movie ages ago and you still are arguing over it."

Lissa smiled wide and ran over to me, enveloping me in a hug. "How is my pregnant best friend?"

I huffed, "you have to pint that out every time we start a conversation, don't you."

Lissa laughed and kissed my cheek. "We got you some stuff!" Lissa was squealing with glee as she ran to get what she wanted to give me.

In her arms was a blanket. It was mint green, pink, and baby blue. It had lace trimming and beautiful patterns in the middle. I stared in awe. "Lissa, what is this?" I asked.

"Well," Lissa began, Christian moving to stand with her. Mia smiled at us. "We thought that we would contribute to our little niece or nephew's new home."

Christian kissed Lisaa's forehead, whispering something. "And, we kind of wanted to give you another thing." She handed me a key.

"What's this?" I was surprised that she had given me anything at all.

Christian talked next, a smile on his face. "Let's go to the attic and find out."