Chapter 11

Rose's Point of View—Same Day

"Oh Dimka." Said a familiar voice. "Won't you come out and play?"

Tasha.

"Alexei." Dimitri called for the guardian positioned outside of our room. He entered the room and nodded, "Go to Queen Vasilisa and Christian. Have their guardians take them to the bunker." The guardian nodded and left. Dimitri, in work mode, took my by the hand and placed a hand on my lower back, guiding me outside.

"Dimitri?" I asked. I knew that Tasha was here for him. What was he going to do?

"It's alright, Roza." His smile was fake.

"Dimitri, what are you planning?" I was scared. I didn't want him to leave me.

A passing by guardian was busily working his way to the bunker. Dimitri stopped him. "Take Rose with you." He said.

"No. No way, Comrade you are not leaving me." I shook my head violently as the guardian's hands went in the same places as Dimitri's were. "Get your hands off me."

A guardian who I knew as Feliks ran up to the three of us, helping the other guardian who I think was named Grisha restrain me and try to force me to where Dimitri wanted to go. "I am sorry, Roza. It is for your own safety."

I growled. I wanted to be with my Fianceand help him. I wanted to make sure that he was safe. But, little Pushka was stopping me from that. And in that one moment, I wished I wasn't pregnant.

As Dimitri walked down the corridor, I found myself crying. The tears were non-stop, and Dimitri didn't seem to care; but I knew that hearing me scream for him must have been hard. I was hustled off into the secured hallway while Dimitri walked on, not only leaving to protect me, our baby, and Lissa, but to protect his loved ones. To protect his family.

*  *  *

Dimitri's Point Of View—Same Day

Hearing Roza's screams tore my heart. I couldn't turn around. I couldn't focus on her; because if I did, then I would run to her and stay by her side. I needed to protect her. To protect my daughter. To protect my family.

Upon reaching the doors, I opened them. I saw Natasha Ozera with a fire in her eyes, but not in the literal sense. "Dimka!" She exclaimed with mock glee.

"Natasha." I replied, my voice hard and my stance secured. I noticed something different with her, though. Her eyes were red, and ringed the same. Her scars had disappeared making her skin clear. Her skin was also a sickly white. I made my assumption and gripped my silver spear that was in my belt.

"Oh, Dimka. There is no need for that!" She seemed almost enthused. "You will turn Strigoi once again and live with me for eternity. Let's not try to kill each other and have you come willingly."

"I will not go down without a fight." I said menacingly. My stake was out of its holster and in my hands. I assumed a fighting stance.

She laughed and looked at me as if in a crazed stupor. Her red eyes pierced me. "Very well."

She lunged.

*  *  *

Rose's Point Of View

Intense pain racked my body while I sat in front of Lissa. She was being used as a back support. Doctor Ginnifer was rushed into the room and I was drenched in sweat.

"Rose, how are you feeling?" She said, her doctors bag being set down.

I grunted, "Like I'm giving birth."

She chuckled, "Well, you very well might be. This is a lot of stress for the baby."

She laughed?! While I was in this much pain?! I wanted to kill the bitch. I feel like my look shot her down a bit and I felt bad. "This is a very stressful time, Doctor." I seethed.

She nodded in understanding. Mia and Christian were in the room along with a few guardians. Lissa, Doctor Ginnifer and I were laying on the bottom bunk of one of the three bunk beds that were in the bunker, with a blanket shoved between the top mattress and the frame making a curtain. It was one of the bigger bunks—more like a queen bed than anything—and there was a lot of room. Lissa was rubbing my arms soothingly. "It's alright, Rose. Dimitri is taking care of the threat, don't worry about it." I nodded, she was right.

I peeked through an opening in the blankets and saw Christian sitting next to Mia with her hand on his shoulder. He must have been having an off day. I knew there was something that he was hiding from us... Something that both he and Lissa was hiding from us, and after this I was determined to find it out.

Doctor Ginnifer looked at me and smiled weakly. She had put on scrubs and had sterile gloves on. "Rose, you're already eight centimeters dilated."

I looked at her incredulously. "So, what does that mean?" I panted as another wave of pain hit me. Contractions I think they were called.

"It means that you're about ready to have this baby." Lissa answered for me. She called for Mia and the girl was there in a flash, holding my hand.

"Rose, in a few minutes you have to push." the Doctor said, her face serious.

I shook my head. "No way."