Chapter 10

Rose's Point of View—The Next Day

I hid my hand from everyone else just for today so that they could be surprised at lunch. Lissa had declared that we would all get together to talk over the renovations that were happening in the attic. As of right now, it had been expanded to make room for the three bedrooms that Lissa insisted on building. There were floor plans sprawled out in front of all of us with food sitting in front of the seats. With help from Dimitri, we I sat down in the chair that I usually sat it, and I smiled at him and sat back in the chair, looking over the plans.

"So, when will this be done?" I asked, taking a bite of the sandwich in front of me.

"Well, if everything goes according to plan, then it should be done by the time the baby is supposed to arrive." Christian answered.

"I am six months pregnant and about ready to pop, I don't think this baby will be coming in nine months." I said, chewing.

Mia nodded, "That is true. But, I am sure you would be okay with living in your room for a little while after the baby comes."

Dimitri nodded, "She already thought she would be living in that room when she became pregnant. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem."

I smiled. He knew exactly what I was going to say and I loved it. Lissa smiled at us and nodded, "Alright, then. Glad that has been established. Now in terms of your baby shower."

I looked at her incredulously. "Baby shower? What do you mean baby shower?"

"Rose, you have to have a baby shower. Everyone will be there! Eddie, Jill, Lissa, Dimitri, your mom, anyone you want." Mia seemed overly excited.

I was honestly surprised. I had never expected this much from anyone before even if I was having a miracle baby. But, this was just like a normal pregnancy. Giddy best friends, a proud father, and an over emotional pregnant girl. I wanted to cry. "Thank you guys so much."

Speaking of my mom... She probably didn't even know about me being pregnant.

She was going to be so pissed.

*  *  *

I didn't bother calling her. I decided to send her a telegram as she so kindly does often.

Mom,

It's been a while. Well, almost a year, so yes it has been a while. Here is the deal. I am pregnant. Six months along and almost ready to have the baby. I want to invite you to my baby shower that Lissa is holding. I don't care if you're disappointed. I'm happy.

Rose

I shivered as I typed it. Oh, yeah. She was going to be pissed. Dimitri was sitting next to me while I typed it, his arm drawing me into his side and his hand on my stomach. It was soothing when he held me like this, and it made my Pushka happy too. She kicked his hand and he would kiss my temple. She did it again and he would kiss my cheek. She kicked for a third time and he would kiss my lips. This continued until it became heated. I smiled and tried to lead him to where I wanted to go, but he was still as a statue.

"Mitri, come on." I said. He was hesitant as I attempted to pull him to the bed.

"Wait, Rose." He stood up, as if on alert. When he didn't say Roza, I knew something was wrong. I suddenly heard a cackling.

"Oh Dimka!" Said a familiar voice. "Won't you come out and play?"

Tasha.