Epilogue

Rose's Point of View--One and a Half years later.

I stared in the mirror at someone else.

She was dressed in white. Her brown hair lying free at her shoulders, and natural makeup adorned her pretty face. A veil covered the back of her hair, and a bouquet of deep red roses were clutched in her hands.

The dress was simple yet elegant. There were lace flowers on the bust and leading down to the skirt. It was beautiful and fit her in the same way. Perfectly.

After staring for a short while, I noticed that the girl in the mirror was me. On my wedding day. And I was happy as could be.

My mother, wearing a light blue dress, held Aria's two-year-old hand as her other hand covered her mouth. Tears were escaping her eyes as she looked up and down at me. I smiled, looking at the woman who had opened up so much in the short two years that she had stayed. "Rose, you look... Gorgeous."

I choked back a sob and took her into my arms. "Thanks mom." I said, hugging her tightly.

Aria looked up at me and smiled. She was dressed in a white princess gown with red roses littering the skirt and her dark hair had red roses in a headband, pushing back the wavy strands. "Mama is pretty." She said in a light and adorable voice. I smiled and picked up the little flower girl. She melted into me instantly, her head resting on my shoulder.

"Thank you, baby," I said, kissing her forehead.

Lissa walked in a few moments after and fawned over me in the same way that my mother did. Her one year old, Andre sitting on her hip. He rested his leg on her seven month old pregnant belly and laid his head on his mother's shoulder in a similar way to Aria. Lissa, my maid of honor, wore a red empire waist dress and held white roses in her free hand. Andre wore a tux with a red waistband and an adorable bow tie. My nephew was my ring bearer, and the little boy who would walk Aria down the aisle. Mia who followed behind Lissa, wore the same dress as Lissa, and held the same bouquet of flowers. We were all dressed for my wedding, and I loved it.

One of the guardians, Feliks, walked into the room and cleared his throat. We all turned to look at him. "We are ready, Miss Hathaway," he said. I breathed heavily and put Aria down. I was ready for this.

I picked up the roses, and exited the doorway. My family following close behind me.

* * *

Dimitri's POV

I stood at the altar while I saw the couples filter in at the sound of Canon in D minor playing. Alexei and Mia came first, separating at the end of the white carpet that was laid out on the ground of the academy's courtyard. Next, Christian and Lissa who earned whispers from the crowd of people who had gathered to see the wedding of the Royal Advisor and her Dhampir. The paparazzi, as Roza called them, were taking pictures of the whole ordeal, as well as the actual hired photographer.

Next, was my baby girl walking with my nephew and godson. Aria and Andre were definitely adorable as they walked down together, Aria tossing flowers, and Andre holding a small pillow with our wedding bands on top. The sight of them earned many coo's and awes from the guests and the press alike. Pictures were snapped and they both went to my mother.

And then, on the arm of her mother, came the most beautiful thing I have seen in my life.

The guests stood and any talking fell silent. The music played, but I didn't pay attention to any of it. I focused on her. Her hair down in the exact way that I had always loved it, little makeup to show her true beauty, and a dress that was modest but showed all the curves that were mine. No one was there but me and her in that moment. My family fell away. The guests. Our daughter and friends, everyone.

She finally made it up to the altar and Janine gave her and to me. I smiled and kissed my mother-in-law's cheek as she went to sit down. I held Roza's hand as we faced the priest.

"We are all gathered here, with St. Vladimir present in this moment, to witness the union of Rosemarie Analise Hathaway, and Dimitri Nathan Belikov." The priest paused and looked out into the audience. "If anyone here holds any objections to the union of these two souls, speak now or forever hold your peace." I would have pounced anyone who dare speak. Gladly, no one did and so the priest continued. "The two have written vows to express their devotion to one another. Dimitri, please speak your vows."

I nodded and looked to my Rose, taking both of her hands in mine.

"Rose, when I first met you, I thought you were hot headed and an ignorant teenager who risked the life of her best friend just to prove a point. But, after becoming your mentor, and watching you grow as a skilled fighter, as a protector, and as an individual; I learned that there was so much more to you than just a girl who sometimes made rash decisions." I paused for a moment and smiled. "I learned that you were strong willed, loving and caring to those who you hold dear, and passionate in standing for what you believe in. And that is when I began to realize that you are the only person that I will ever want to spend the rest of my life with." I saw tears brim in my love's eyes. I wiped them away. "I walked away, but that didn't stop you. You sent me the letter, telling me about our little miracle. And, in a matter of three days, I had you back in my arms and I was in yours... And I knew that was where I was supposed to be. Where I wanted to be. And you were all I will ever need. You are My Roza. And the family we have created will forever show the love that you and I hold so deeply." I slipped the wedding band onto her ring finger. I heard sobs coming from the audience and I smiled, wiping a tear from her cheek.

She sniffed, preparing to speak.

* * *

Rose's POV

He moved me. His words brought me to tears, and I didn't know how I could ever express to him how much I loved him. But, despite of my tears and the sobs of the people watching, I began my own speech.

"I can't begin to formulate words to describe how much you mean to me." I began, calming myself. "With every breath I take, every time I close my eyes, and every laugh that our daughter gives, I am overwhelmed by the feeling that you are here. You are with me. And you are not going to leave me or our little girl without a fight. And the fact that you are our protector, our rock, and the source of my strength, lets me wake up each morning without a single doubt that I am safe. And that our family is safe. I love you so much that it consumes me. The years that we spent at an arm's length, knowing we held feelings for each other were not as painful as when you left... But you came back, just as you always did. And because of that our Aria can grow up with you in her life. I would never and could never look back on her as a mistake or an accident or whatever fate might call our miracle child. But, all her life, I will thank her for bringing us closer together, and for bringing is the stability we needed to be here today. And, now, we have our infinity to look forward to." I slid the wedding band onto his finger and I could have sworn I saw a small tear in his eye. I smiled up at him and we both turned to the priest who looked moved.

"By the power vested in me, and by the power of St. Vladimir, I pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

And Dimitri delivered the most earth shattering kiss that I had ever experienced. And as everyone cheered, and the doves flew high, I knew that I had finally become who I was meant to be.

With a loving husband now at my side, and a beautiful family to care for, I knew that I was complete.

I had everything.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, and voted on the story. A special thanks to PassinateRagab for being such a huge supporter and to all who read and followed up with the story.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you all in the future!