Chapter 22

Rose's Point of View: The Same day.

My mother was now on my hit list.

My skin was boiling with hatred as I stormed towards my mother's room. Against my own volition, my fist came up and slammed on the large oak door, possibly cracking the wood at the sheer force. I heard a curse from inside and a shuffling of feet. The door opened and I saw my mother's petite frame with her arms crossed. She looked up at me. "Rose? What do you want?"

"Well, thats what I'm here to talk about, mother." I spit out the last word, my anger only growing. "I want to tell you that I don't care what you think about Dimitri and I. This is my life now. I know that I made mistakes when I was a teenager--I was reckless and stupid. I didn't care if I got in trouble and I certainly didn't mind looking for it. But I am not that little girl anymore. Just because you don't 'approve' of our relationship, doesn't mean that it will stop us from being happy. You may not believe it, but yes. Dimitri and I had a baby. And yes he is the father.

"I am not some dhampir whore who purposefully stopped fighting just to have a family. Aria was a beautiful and precious accident that I would never want to go back on. Dimitri becoming a Strigoi made Aria possible; and she is more precious to me than anything in this world. What I want you to know, is that I love him and I love my little girl to no end." I took in a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was so glad to finally get this off my chest after one week of reigning it in. "And my fiance and daughter are more of a family to me than you are. My own mother."

Janine Hathaway, one of the most composed and strongest dhampirs on the planet (save myself and Dimitri of course) stood there and stared at me speechlessly. I smiled inside in victory as I began to walk away. Away from the mother who abandoned her daughter at an academy that trains you to kill. Away from a mother who only kept in touch through off and on telegrams. I walked away from a bad past, and towards my new and brighter future.

As soon as I stepped into the door of our home, I saw Dimitri playing with Aria. She was in his lap and he was making silly noises to her while she giggled away. He would shake her gently while she was in the air and bring her towards him, belly landing on his mouth as he blew and she squealed in delight. My yeart melted at the sight, and tears began to fall. I gasped a little and Dimitri looked up at me, his smiled turning to concern. "Roza?" he sat up, Aria in his lap who looked at him in confusion. Wondering why their fun was over.

I smiled and wiped my cheeks, shaking my head. "I have had an epiphany. I realize now that you are the only family I need. The only family I want. You and our little Aria. Our Pushka."

He smiled and stood, Aria on his hip. He walked over to me and our lips connected, he kissed me gently for the first time in days. I immediately responded and was more than happy to do so. We were stopped by Aria's babbling and her hands on both of our cheeks. She smiled at us and giggled. My hand moved to her arm and I gently caressed her soft skin.

Dimitri said softly, "I am still amazed by this little one. I am so happy for everything we have, Roza."

I looked to him and nodded, tears prickling my eyes once again. I kissed him gently and he kissed back, when I pulled away I whispered to him. "We have everything we could have asked for."

He nodded in reply. "Everything."

______________________________________________________________________________

Alright!! I know its short, but it is nice. There will be just a few more chapters. If you want a little bit of an update on this, check my profile. There will also be an AN at the end of the story.

Love Always,

-Milli