Chapter 8

Rose's Point Of View—The Appointment

I woke up to Dimitri kissing my cheek and coaxing me out of bed, telling me that the appointment for finding out the sex of the baby was today. I groaned, "Five more minutes, Mitri?"

He chuckled, the laugh vibrating against my arm. I smiled, but didn't move. His smile widened, "Fine. If you won't walk there, I will have to carry you."

"No, wait Dimitri don't—" He picked me up and I squealed, a funny sound I have never made. Bridal style, he brought me to the closet and set me down on the chaise near there. He grabbed a maternity dress and threw it to me.

"Get dressed, we leave in twenty minutes."

I grumbled and moved to the bathroom to get dressed.

After calling Dimitri for help getting my bra on and showing him how to put it on and not how to take it off, we were ready by 11:00 and off to the Royal Doctor. We were excited to find out what the baby was, and so was the rest of our misfit group of friends.

When my name was colled, Dimitri followed close behind me on my way to the room that I usually occupied. I moved to sit up on the bench and instead of climbing up, Dimitri decided to lift me up to the bed and lay down. I smiled and kissed him. He wanted to continue but Doctor Ginnifer walked in.

"Hello Rosemarie!" She was cheerful as ever, and stopped to look at Dimitri. "Hello, Guardian Belikov. May I ask what you are doing here, kissing my patient?

I blushed and Dimitri answered cooly. "I am the father of the baby."

Doctor Ginnifer went pale. "Ah, I didn't know he was the guardian that the baby belonged to." She sighed and put on a cheerful face again. "No matter. How about we get this started?"

We both nodded, more eager than we let on.

The doctor produced some gel and rubbed it across the bottom of my stomach, it was cold to the touch and I shivered slightly. The navy blue dress I was wearing was fanned out about round me while the black leggings I wore were pushed down. There was a sound of a machine turning on and I smiled as there was pressure applied to my lower abdomen.

"Well, it has feet. And a head and torso. All in all this bundle of joy looks very healthy!" I smiled and looked up at Dimitri, he was too fascinated by the sight of the baby. "Now you are only four months along, but this baby is well along six or seven. It seems that we will be expecting this little one within a month or two."

I wasn't shocked like I would be if I didn't already know that my baby was advanced. He or she would be a beautiful boy or girl. Speaking of he or she... "Doctor Ginnifer, can you tell if the baby is a boy or girl?"

She smiled again, her eyes lighting up. "That I can do." She moved the scanner around in my belly and I smiled at the feeling.

I closed my eyes until Dimitri said "Roza, look."

I looked up and smiled at what I saw.

On the screen was a pink sign that said "It's a Girl!"

——————————————————————————————

So?! It's a girl!!! Sorry about the shortness but I am at the doctors office with my sister. And could you tell that Doctor Ginnifer was based off of the actress for Mary Margaret in OUAT? Ithought she would be perfect!

Anyway, super sorry about the shortness, but I have to leave for work in a little bit, so I might not have a chapter put up until tomorrow. Thanks everyone for reading!!