Chapter 12

Dimitri's Point of View

I squared off with my oldest friend, staring her in her red, bloodshot eyes at what she had become. I thought about Christian and how he would be affected by another member of his family becoming Strigoi, but that wasn't what I was focused on right now. I was focused on the fang-baring monster in front of me who was intent on making me one of her. Something I would never go back to.

Especially now that Roza was such an important part of my life.

"Natasha, I am disappointed in you." I said. I was heartbroken over my friend's death, and angered at the monster that stole her from me.

"Why be disappointed, Dimka? I feel so alive! I am free from the scars and the horrible looks my way! My skin is flawless, my muscles are strong, and I am ready to accept you as my Strigoi mate." She licked her lips.

I was disgusted by the creature in front of me, and through with her antagonizing gaze. I positioned my stake only slightly and ran to her, the stake angled towards her heart. Seeing my advance, she ducked, hissing when my stake made contact with her shoulder. "A new scar for your new form." I growled. I quickly recovered and lunged my arm at her chest, feeling the tip make contact with her ribs, lungs, and finally heart. The force was so great, it shot right through her, blood-covered tip making contact with the ground.

She said nothing as she fell, but one thing stuck out. A smile on her face as she died; burning into ash.

I heard a blood curdling scream come from the castle and I knew right away who it was.

"Roza," I said as I ran.

* * *

Rose's Point of View

"No way." I said, staring at the Doctor. "I am not giving birth here. Not without Dimitri."

Doctor Ginnifer shook her head, "I am afraid we may not have that option. You are already ten centimeters dilated. You have to start pushing within five minutes."

I shook my head, there was no way. I would just have to hold this baby in until he got here. I screamed in pain so loud that my ears rung after as another contraction hit me. Lissa rubbed my arm and Mia squeezed my hand. "Rose, we are here for you. You have to start pushing."

Tears streaked down my face as I realized that it was time to have this baby. Without Dimitri being here, like we had promised each other. I nodded through the tears and the Doctor positioned herself, getting ready to help me.

Suddenly, there was pounding on the door.

And Mia was replaced with Dimitri.

I looked at him and smiled wholly. He was here. He was alive. He had saved us, and his daughter, and he was now here for the birth of her. I kissed him, not caring about the other two people, and flashed my ring for the first time instead of hiding my hand. He kissed me back but pulled away quickly and whispered in my ear, "Let's welcome her."

I nodded and started pushing.

* * *

After an hour of Guardians cringing, Mia crying and Dimitri's hand being crushed, a piercing cry echoed throughout the room.

She was beautiful, with almost black hair and dark chocolate eyes just like her father. Her facial features greatly resembled mine, though and I was happy that we were both integrated into our daughter.

It was one of the few times that I had seen Dimitri cry. He wept for his daughter, and for the friend he had lost. He was so happy to have her there and with us that he almost forgot about the other people there and kissed my whole face, mumbling "Я люблю тебя"

I was covered with a blanket after the bloody sheets were cleaned up and disposed of, and I held my beautiful girl. I cried over her while Dimitri did the same, looking at her over my shoulder. Now, she slept soundly, nestled into my chest.

"What are you going to name her?" Lissa asked as she looked over the girl. Christian was holding her, close to tears. I smiled at the irony of the two-Lissa the strong one, and Christian not.

I looked up to Dimitri and smiled, "Well, her nickname is Pushka..." The people in the room smiled at the nickname. "But after a bit of thinking, we decided on Aria Vasilisa Belikova."

Mia smiled and cried into Alexei's chest while he held her. I knew there was something going on between them, and I saw it then. The whole room was silent for a short time, just looking at the baby. I smiled at her and so did Dimitri. The Doctor not separating us as she would if we were at the hospital. "She is beautiful." She said as she stared at my girl.

"Do you think we can get Roza upstairs to our room?" Dimitri asked.

Lissa smiled, "I can take the baby for a bit while we get you upstairs."

I was hesitant but nodded. I would love to be in the comfort of my own bed right about now.

So, Dimitri picked me up carefully, making sure not to hit my head, and Lissa took Aria from us.

We made our way upstairs into what would now be our future.