Chapter 6

It was hard to believe that there was an attic to such a huge and amazing place, but there was one.

It was smaller than I had imagined. Less than 500 square feet, but yet it had been beautiful all the same. If I worked hard then it could be a proper home, just as Christian and Lissa had wanted for me.

"Well, Rosie, we want to give you this attic so that you can raise your child safely. Our gift to you is that we will do whatever you wish to this old thing; money is no object." Christian seemed excited to do this foe me. I felt like I was going to cry. Mia, Dimitri, and Tasha (who just got home a little bit ago I might add) all smiled at me.

"I don't know what to say, you guys." I said. "I don't know how to repay you."

"The only thing that will pay us back is seeing that little one grow up to be strong like it's daddy." Lissa smiled at Dimitri.

Dimitri smiled back. I saw Tasha glare.

"We can start whenever you would like, Rosie. Money is no object. We can start looking when you wish; we picked up some magazines and paint swatches when we were out." Christian smiled ad handed me a few magazines from Better Home and Gardens to HGTV Magazine.

I smiled "I can't begin to thank you guys. This is amazing. It is far beyond what I expected."

"When do you want to start, Rose?" Lissa asked.

"Well," Mia began. "What of we started by having some dinner first and talking then? I am hungry from that five hour long shopping trip we just took."

The five of us nodded while Tasha stayed motionless, staring at Dimitri's closeness to me. I glared at her and she shrunk back a little bit. I smiled in victory.

We all descended downstairs, but I excused myself for the bathroom. I heard Dimitri say he needed somthing from his room, and I ran through the hallway, happy that he got my message.

I ducked into a closet, and I heard his footsteps as they approached the same door. I pulled him in and closed the door, turning on a light. We stared at each other for a bit before kissing each other roughly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and his hands ghosted at my waist, resting on the rise of my butt. I smiled into the kiss and he left my mouth to my jaw around then my neck, careful not to leave a mark. I smiled when he pulled back and kissed my nose.

"What are we, Dimitri?" I asked, my arms still around him.

"What do you mean?" He looked confused.

"What are we to each other? Lovers? Boyfriend and Girlfriend? Complicated?"

"I think complicated describes our lives, not our relationship."

I smiled and nodded. He was right about that. "But what do you think?"

He thought for a bit. "I believe we would be boyfriend and girlfriend. But in secret."

I nodded, "That sounds good to me."

I kissed him and we both decided it would be a good move to go back to the dining room. We left, laughing and walking in to the dining room together which earned us curious stares. I went to sit on the left of Lissa and Dimitri sat next to me. Lissa's questioning gaze was shut down by the telepathic scolding I gave her.

"So, when is your next appointment, Rose?" Tasha asked me.

I was surprised she even spoke to me, but I answered happily. "I think it is after to my four month mark, which is coming up in a week." Dimitri smiled and nodded. I could tell he wanted to be there and I was happy about that.

Tasha however looked at her food in disgust. "Really? You will get to find out if the little monster is about bouncing boy or a sweet girl. Congrats."

I stiffened at that nickname. I had gotten used to Christian calling him that when it was just us; but when Tasha said it, there was only hate in her voice. I stared at her. "If you have something to say, Tasha then say it." I heckled.

She looked up from her food, staring at me. "Well, all I am trying to say is that I don't know if I believe that Dimka is the father. For all we know, Dhampirs cannot procreate, so it it possible that you shacked up with a Moroi while you were in that little state of... What was it? Hysteria?"

Lissa looked at her aunt-in-law. "Are you accusing Rose of fornicating with a Moroi?"

"Well," she replied, "Like blood whore mother, like blood whore daughter." She smirked.

I growled under my breath, and Dimitri's hands tightened under the table. "The mortals have a brilliant new thing called a paternity test. I suggest you give it a try." She stood up and walked out while saying "once and whore, always a whore."

I hated her.