Chapter 16

Rose's Point of View-Two Days Later

Today was the first day that Mia, Lissa, and I could go out and shop together in a long time. Viktoria, knowing she loved going to the mall, tagged along-and I was more than happy to have her come with. She was my future sister-in-law after all.

With Aria in the baby carrier made of a blanket, and the four of us piled into a van, Viktoria drove us to the mall with the Moroi in back. I kissed Aria's forehead and smiled at Viktoria and the other girls. Lissa hadn't told anyone yet, but I knew. And I think she knew that I knew.

"So, where do we want to go first?" I asked, rubbing Aria's back.

Lissa clapped her hands. "I want to go to a baby store. I haven't gotten to spoil my goddaughter yet." Christian was completely for spoiling, but we haven't seen much of him lately since he has insisted on helping with the attic. But, in the few interactions that we have had with him, he has told me that he wants everything for little Aria and I appreciated that.

"I want to spoil my niece too!" Viktoria said, smiling down at Aria. Mia nodded along with Viktoria.

"What's the matter, Mia?" Lissa asked.

Mia shrugged it off, "It's just Alexei. He hasn't talked to me in a few days, and I don't know why. I hope he isn't avoiding me."

The guardian who took me to the bunker where Aria was born was dating Mia, and apparently had been for a while. They said it was a relationship that was pushing a year; they had just kept it a secret since they didn't have a reason to tell anyone... Even her best friends.

"Awe, Mia, I just think he is working a lot more than he used to. There has been an increase in guardians since Tasha. I don't think he is purposefully avoiding you." Lissa rubbed her back, and Mia nodded. It made sense to her.

Viktoria pulled into the mall parking lot and the two Moroi opened their parasols. We walked into the mall, laughing together as we went; and I slung the diaper bag over my shoulder. The van behind us pulled in as well and about five guardians exited it, following us inside. "It feels weird to have them guarding me instead of me helping them." I whispered to Viktoria. She nodded in agreement.

We turned into Carters and Lissa left with her debit card in hand. Being queen had a lot of perks, one of those involving a butt load of cash. I could tell Aria was going to be a spoiled little girl before she got her first tooth. As Viktoria and I browsed the baby clothes, Mia became Lissa's partner in crime. The two were storming the furniture section. I rolled my eyes. Good thing we agreed on window shopping for now.

"Look at these cute outfits, Roza." Viktoria said. It was weird having someone else say my Russian name, but I raised my head all the same. It was adorable. A dress with a navy blue and white striped bust and a navy skirt, and a pink polka dot dress with a navy blue bow. They were both adorable.

"How much are they?" I asked. I could envision little Aria in them with a navy blue headband in her hair.

Viktoria shook her head dismissively. "Don't worry about it." She said, putting the outfits on her arm. I frowned. I didn't like it, but I didn't object to it either.

I strolled through the newborn to three months sections and smiled at all the adorable things. Aria began to whimper but with a shush and a reassuring rub to her back, she was quieted. Her eyes searched her surroundings. The guardians who followed us in were dispersed amongst the store, looking at both boy and girl things. I laughed to myself at the sight of a few of the guardians staring in distaste. I looked around with Aria and smiled, whispering "What are you looking at little one?"

Then my eyes trained on Lissa and a few boxes on the counter. I grimaced. What did she get now.

* * *

When we got home, Lissa rushed up to the Attic with two guardians carrying boxes. I frowned; what was she doing?

I said goodnight to Viktoria and she said goodnight to both me and Aria. I did the same thing with Mia and she did the same thing in turn. I retreated upstairs to my bedroom with Aria out of her baby carrier and in my arms. I cooed at giggled with her as I opened the door to Dimitri and my room. "Hey, Mitri." I greeted as I walked in. He sat on the chair by the windows.

"Roza," He said. I moved to the closet, laying Aria in her bed. She was sleeping by the time her body hit the mat. Upon exiting, I saw Dimitri fully.He was shirtless with a book in hand and a smile on his face. He knew I was staring at him. "How was shopping? Did Pushka get spoiled by her aunts?"

I nodded, not taking my eyes away from his. I could see an underlying emotion in him, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was. "Lissa bought a bunch of stuff. What it is, I have no idea. She wouldn't tell me."

He chuckled, "She will be a very doting mother one day." I nodded; he didn't know how right he was.

I smiled at him and jumped into bed, laying on my back on top of the comforter. He put his book down and moved towards me, sitting next to me and pulling my head on his lap. He played with my hair and I layed there, reveling in the feel of being near him. After about ten minutes of this, I found myself dozing off. He kissed my lips and my cheek and moved me to the pillow, pulled the covers over me and shut off the light. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I am going up to the Attic. They are almost finished." He said. His kissed my nose and my lips and left. I watched him go and closed my eyes, letting darkness take me.

Everythingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें