Chapter 13

Rose's Point Of View-Two Months Later

I stared at the telegram that was grasped in my Fiancé's hand and I sighed. "Dimitri, I don't want to." I had to whisper since Aria was asleep.

"Roza, don't you want to know what your mother thinks?" Dimitri's hand trailed up and down my arm. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Honestly, no. I only need to know what you think." I moved closer to him. One month after Aria was born, I worked off all of the baby fat. Now that she was two months (as of yesterday) I was back in my thin body-that was now a little curvy thanks to her. I liked my new body, though. And I knew Dimitri did too.

Within those two months, he had stayed at an arm's length. He was afraid that having sex would hurt me, and I appreciated it. But now that I was healed completely and already back on the treadmill, I didn't need to be careful. I needed him.

I pressed myself against him and looked up into his eyes, smiling. I ran my hands down his arms and gently kissed his cheek, the corner of his mouth, and his neck. He stood still as a statue, but I knew I was going to break him. I kissed everywhere but his lips and his eyes burned with a passion I hadn't seen in a while... Too long. "What do you think, Comrade?" I asked him, our lips centimeters apart.

He pressed his lips to mine and I relished in the feeling. It had been months since he kissed me like this and I swallowed up every last bit of his love. I wrapped my arms around his neck deepening the kiss, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He took control, turning us around and pushing me to the bed, both of us falling back onto it. His hands let my hair out of it's ponytail and pushed my shirt up slightly, his hands roamed my exposed stomach. I whispered his name and sat up, pushing my shirt off of my body. He kissed me again and did the same, afterwards pushing my pants down and his own as well.

Then, there was crying coming from the walk-in-closet-converted-nursery.

I groaned.

* * *

Little Pushka was quite the handful-more so than both Dimitri and I thought, but we loved her deeply. The telegram was long forgotten as I fed Aria, and Dimitri laid on the bed, reading a book. When she was done, I held her closely, humming a lullaby that I had heard from somewhere. Dimitri smiled while reading, but he tried to hide it behind his book. "What is it?"

Dimitri put his book down. "I don't know what you mean, Roza." he said my Russian name with intensity. I rolled my eyes, but blushed all the same.

"Why are you smiling?" I looked down to see Aria asleep and moved to the closet, placing her in her bassinet.

"Because." He said.

"Great explanation, Comrade." I laughed, "But seriously. Why are you staring at me."

He moved off the bed and towards me, engulfing me into an embrace. "Because you are a better mother than you give yourself credit for, Roza."

I scrunched up my nose. "That's it? I thought you were planning something."

He smiled, growling into my ear. "Maybe."

I giggled and squealed as he threw me on the bed.

* * *

Dimitri's Point of View-Two Hours Later

I looked down to a sleeping Roza and smiled, gently caressing her hair. I have always liked it down so her curls were on display. I smiled fondly as I realized that she was mine, and she would be mine for the rest of our eternity.

There was a crying coming from the nursery and I sighed. I didn't want to wake Rose, so I got up to go and calm my wailing daughter.

Upon entering the room, I picked up the fragile little dhampir and kissed her forehead. She calmed as I held her in my arms, her tiny frame nestled into the crook of my arm. Her hair and eyes matched mine exactly, but she had the exact same facial features of Rose, and it was beautiful. A perfect blend. I kissed her tiny forehead and smiled as she yawned.

There was another hour before she had to be fed again, and I took her out to the main room and onto the sofa-chair. I sat there with her as she slept, just relishing in the feeling of her small, warm weight in my arms. I had made this, and I was proud to say that. She moved a little in my arms as if trying to make herself comfortable and I yawned in the same way she did. Soon, I too fell asleep with her safe in my arms; and I knew I wouldn't want it any other way.

------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since I've talked to you fine folks. I just wanted to say thank you for all of the votes and the comments that you have bestowed upon this story. It is amazing how much you guys care about it, and I really appreciate it. I have written stories before, but they have never gotten so much of a response as this one; and I think it is amazing how you guys have shown you care.

This chapter was dedicated to PassainteRagab for her going through and voting on every chapter in this story, and for her comment which I helped clarify. If anyone else was wondering, the story goes in the order of this: Lissa's Coronation, Cabin, Guardianship between Dimitri and Tasha, and so on. I hope that cleared some things up.

Again, I would like to say thank you for everything that you all have done for this story, and helping it get on it's feet. I really appreciate all of you. I can't say how much I thank you guys.