Chapter 17

Rose's Point of View—Two Days Later

It was time.

Today was the day that I got to see the attic.

My new home.

I was very excited. Dimitri was calming me down and laughing at my excitement all morning, but Lissa insisted that we wait until after breakfast. Aparently, there was something that she had to tell us after the grand unveiling. Dimitri had to literally pin me to the bed to stop me from jumping on it in excitement. I can't say I didn't like this position. "Come on, Dimitri. I want to see it! It's no fair you get to see our apartment before I do!" I wined. His knee was in between my legs, holding me in my place.

"No, Roza. The Queen's orders. As a Dhampir and a guardian, I cannot refuse her." He smirked. Using the work card against me, hmm? I see how it is.

"Fine. But, I am getting you back for this in some way." I smirked back.

Rolling his eyes, he stayed in the same position. I stared at his lips and he stared at mine. I remembered a very similar position from a few years ago—but that was when I was a novice, and a seventeen year old. I was twenty now, and I wasn't that shy little girl I once was.

Not to mention he was my fiance.

I reached up and kissed him, my neck craning to meet his lips. I could feel him smile into the kiss and he lowered himself a bit in order to kiss me properly. After about a minute, I could feel his body weight against me. I pressed closer to him.I wrangled my hands free from his grasp, reaching them up to his neck and his hands stayed at either side of my head. Using my cat-like reflexes, I moved out from under him to sit up, pulling him with me. We knelt on the bed like that, breaking away to breath. His hand was on my breast while mine was on the waistband of his pants. "We have to go to breakfast," he murmured.

"No, we don't." I mumbled, kissing him again. We broke apart at the sound of Aria's cries.

We pulled away from each other and Dimitri sighed, going to the nursery and taking her out of her crib. I smiled when I saw him take a cranky little girl still in her pajamas out into the room. "Hello, Pushka!" I cooed, tickling her belly. There was a small laugh from the three year old and I smiled. I looked up to Dimitri who smiled proudly at his daughter. I smirked, "I'll get the diaper bag." He nodded and carried the little girl out of the room.

Grabbing the diaper bag, I followed suit. Upon walking downstairs, I heard Paul and Zoya coo a their little cousin, and Sonya smiled. I knew she missed her daughter, Katya. I saw Karolina smiling at her children and started cooing along with them.

After about an hour of visiting and growling stomachs, Lissa finally descended the stairs and breakfast was put on the table. When we were all seated, each of us began to eat while Aria was in a playpen near the table. It was a perfect picture. All of us sitting around the table. Even Christian was here, smiling and laughing along with us. It was the perfect family gathering; even if some of us weren't exactly family.

Dimitri shook his head after laughing, he looked at me and kissed my temple.

In that moment, I was perfectly content.

*  *  *

It was perfect.

The three bedroom two bathroom apartment was perfect for Dimitri and I. It was so much bigger than I thought it would ever be. It had a beautiful kitchen, a spacious living room, and a gorgeous master suite that would be perfect for Dimitri and I. It complimented our personalities and our styles graciously. But the nursery, it was my favorite part of the space.

There was an A on the door as you walked in, and the room itself had brown walls with purple accents. The crib was a dark mahogany wood with a matching rocking chair and changing table. There was a closet and a toy chest that was almost overflowing. A mahogany dresser was up against a wall with a picture of Aria hanging over it. On that were some stuffed animals. I was close to crying when I entered. It was perfect for our little girl. And perfect for when she got older. It was a great size, and great for her to be able to grow up in.

Dimitri held my shoulders as we surveyed the place. I loved it so much. Lissa smiled at my reaction. "This is our wedding gift to the two of you." She said. The waterworks began as I ran to her choking out thank you's and appreciative words. I finally had a home that I could be proud of. My own home that I could share with my soulmate and our family. I felt whole inside as I looked at this place. I felt complete.

"Is it everything you wanted?" Lissa asked expectantly. I looked over to Dimtiri and he nodded.

"Everything."