Chapter 15

Rose's Point Of View

Well, Lissa was a little pissed.

She had no idea that Dimitri's family was coming over, and she was mad that she didn't have time to prepare guest rooms (even though they were already prepared, she just liked adding her own touches). And now, the queen of Moroi and Dhampir kind, was standing in front of the nine of us only in her pajamas, with a very angry expression on her face. And with bed head.

"What the hell is going on?" She yelled. Her face screamed grogginess.

The other dhampirs cowered back while I looked at Lissa head on. "Sorry, Liss... We forgot too."

"That they were coming to visit? That was something you should have told me as soon as you found out." She was in woman-of-the-house mode and she wasn't too keen on having unexpected guests.

I rolled my eyes, "Lissa, do you want to hold Aria?"

Lissa's mood brightened almost immediately. She moved over to me and took Aria from her holster on my chest, cooing at her little outfit I put her in and holding her in the crook of her arm. I sighed. That girl and her mood swings lately...

Wait.

I stared at Lissa in shock. I knew what was happening. I could even feel it through the bond-her mood swings were because of one certain thing.

Lissa was pregnant.

* * *

Rose's Point of View-Five Days Later

I didn't even let on that I knew. Instead, I was too occupied keeping Dimitri's family in my sights, and keeping them happy. I noticed within a few days of this that I was not cut out to be a housewife. I wasn't made for preparing dinner, setting the dinner table, or plastering a fake smile on my face while two little kids yelled at each other over whose crayon was whose.

I don't know what kept me sane. Maybe it was Dimitri's approving glances, his kisses on my temple, or maybe Olena's smiles towards me when I did something she liked. All I know was that I wanted to take a break. And that's exactly what I was doing today.

I held Aria as we walked through the palace gardens, humming a song that I heard from Olena. Pushka seemed to like it since it calmed her down, so I was happy to sing it for her; even if I didn't sing.

Little one, I will be here,

Please do not ever leave me.

I love you so, I hold you dear,

Know you are treasured deeply.

I hummed the melody and smiled as she yawned, dozing off in my arms. I kissed her head and moved to sit on a nearby bench. I rocked her in my arms and just stared at her. She was nestled into a blanket and had a bow in her hair. Lissa wanted to dress her today, so she was wearing a bright pink shirt-dress with white leggings and little white flats. I had to say, it was adorable, but I usually opted for purple and black with Aria.

After a little while of sitting with her, I heard footsteps walking down the cobblestone sidewalk. I looked up and saw my future mother-in-law, smiling at Aria and I. "She is beautiful." Olena said, moving to sit next to me.

I smiled back, "She has her father's hair and eyes."

"But she has your features. I find it a perfect mix." She whispered, caressing the blanket. I nodded and smiled; Dimitri did too.

She then looked at me in a concerned way. "How do you feel?"

I looked back at her and shrugged, "I am not sure. I am a little overwhelmed with Aria, the attic and the wedding that hasn't even started being planned. And I love having your family here, but I have been playing housewife for a while, and I don't know how I feel about that."

Olena smiled as if seeing my stress early on. "Rosemarie Hathaway, I am amazed at your strengths." She placed a hand on my knee. "You are just as strong and stubborn as Dimitri. And although you two have butted heads before, I think the strength and stubbornness you share is what makes you such a good pair. I trust you and Dimka to raise Aria in the best way that you know how."

I was almost in tears at her words. "Thank you, Olena."

She moved her forehead to mine and held my neck in a form of a hug. "Вы должны мое благословение" A tear streamed down my cheek, "I give you my blessing."

I was accepted into their family.

I was now an official Belikova woman.