Chapter 3

The next day started sooner than anyone wanted to, it seemed to be a little gloomy, but soon everyone was picking up speed. Especially getting hyped up when they realised their next opponents.

They were students from Ketsubutsu Academy High School, captained by Yo Shindo. Katsuki absolutely hated his guts, no wonder he was more than excited about the match.

Just as they were about to start, Katsuki notices a half-and-half-haired guy, but it just slips off his mind when he starts focusing on the game.

"Pass, I'm free!" Katsuki yells, running up towards the net, jumping a second late, confusing the opponent team, who had Kirishima as their blocker.

"Ugh! Bakugo!" Kirishima groans, clutching onto his hair as Katsuki smirks, running back for a serve.

"You get what you deserve, Shitty Hair. If you're trying to block, don't be so damn focused on what's above you, pay attention to their knees and feet." Katsuki yells out, running for a jump serve.

This time, Katsuki was so fucking sure that someone looking like Todoroki was sneaking around here because no one else has such a ridiculous hair colour.

When he hit the ball, he saw a flash of candy cane. No wonder, it had to be Todoroki. But... what if Izuku was here as well? Was he watching them play?

Katsuki had different plans running inside his head the entire time, still somehow focused on the game.

But during practice matches, where selective audiences were allowed, Katsuki preferred to let others play, especially the substitutes. They would never know when they needed substitutes.

He just kept yelling orders, coming up with strategies on spot and even served a couple of times! Their setter was unfortunately too away from the ball when Katsuki had to give a lousy set.

He obviously wasn't that good at setting, but he liked to think he was decent enough to set on crucial times. However today, he was extra careful, because Izuku was probably watching! He shouldn't think Katsuki was clumsy, right?

If you ask him whether his strategies were inspired by 'Haikyuu!!' he will say no. Don't let him fool you though.

After the practice match got over (they had selective students only because it happened early in the morning and it isn't announced, so the ones who come are usually people who know the members personally) all members trickled back into their changing rooms.

Katsuki assumed Todoroki remembered his practice timings, it's been the same for years since high school, and ended up coming for some odd reason.

He was hoping to have a good shower, get the sweaty reek off of him and then meet up with Todoroki if he was still there.

Upon reaching the locker rooms, Katsuki clicks his tongue. "What the fuck are you doing here, half 'n half?" He grumbles, walking towards his locker.

He felt a little nostalgic, seeing Todoroki, also hated the fact that he grew even taller, but he wouldn't want to show it outside, now, would he?

"Midoriya was supposed to come instead, he got permission from your coach, but unfortunately he couldn't make it today so I'm here, getting notes for him," Todoroki explains casually.

Oh, Izuku wasn't here?

"Wait- he's here for all matches?" Katsuki exclaims, turning around to finally face Todoroki as his teammates give him a weird look, except Kirishima and Kaminari who already knew Todoroki but didn't want to butt into their conversation.

"He's here for every single match. Especially if you're playing 'cause he needs notes for his blog, which I'm sure you've already come across." Todoroki adds with a soft smile as Katsuki grumbles even louder, getting annoyed by every passing second.

"Shut the fuck up and mind your goddamn business." Katsuki seethes an empty threat, slamming his locker door shut as his teammates jump in surprise.

"Oh come on, your life is so much more interesting. I've known you for over 7 years now, since high school. I know what you do when you're interested in someone." Todoroki explains as Bakugo walks away, refusing to meet his eye.

"Well if you want, I'm going to meet with him in about an hour, you can join us," Todoroki adds when Katsuki doesn't come back, already changing his uniform, Todoroki assumes.

"Wait for me, dumbass." He chuckles hearing Katsuki's voice respond.

The room softly starts gossiping with each other. But it's not like Katsuki ever cared, he quickly takes a shower and changes to a little casual wear.

When he comes out, Todoroki isn't in the changing rooms anymore. A majority of his teammates are, but Todoroki isn't.

"I thought you left, shitface." Katsuki starts when he comes out of the changing room to find Kirishima and Todoroki chatting, looking out at the ground.

"I keep my promises, Bakugo." Todoroki waves at Kirishima who starts packing his things and leaves.

Back in high school, Katsuki, Todoroki, Kirishima and Kaminari used to hang out often, that's how they collectively got into volleyball.

Katsuki used to play since elementary, and after watching him play, others also tried. Though Todoroki used to play in high school, he stopped as soon as it wasn't his friends he was setting to.

"Where's yours?" Todoriki immediately questions when Katsuki settles down in his car with no word.

"At home. Too much fucking attention." Katsuki shortly replies, folding his hands as he looks out.

"Midoriya's going to be so excited, he would've never guessed," Todoroki adds, smiling widely. Todoroki swerves the car slowly, pulling them out of the driving lot.

Katsuki hardly remembers Todoroki smiling so wide, it's not that Todoroki consciously doesn't do that, he's just not that excited or happy in general.

"Why are you so fucking happy about it? We were classmates and like good friends or some shit, I was bound to meet him anyway."

"Oh right, he doesn't know that," Todoroki adds with a chuckle.

"You didn't fucking tell him we were friends?" Katsuki questions, sighing.

"Nope!" Todoroki exclaims with a grin.

"He is so fucking obsessed with me-" Katsuki starts, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"So are you." Todoroki intervenes, laughing when he sees Katsuki heaving a huge sigh before continuing.

"And you little shit didn't tell him you knew me personally?"

"I didn't want to brag, you know. He always talked about volleyball and all, but telling him that I knew you shouldn't be the reason he is my friend, I didn't want to use you." Todoroki explains, pulling into a luxurious apartment, probably his own.

Katsuki was speechless. He didn't know what to say or how to explain his thoughts so instead, he stays silent, nodding to everything Todoroki was saying.

"My friends and I share this apartment. They all must be at the dining." Todoroki explains, opening the door and walking in.