Chapter 11

"Nah- I ain't doing this." Katsuki mumbles walking away.

"Oh come on bakugo- it's just-" Kirishima fondly mumbles, walking with him outside to their training court.

"You're telling me, that I, have to play with him, my biggest rival? It is not happening, I better e-mail the coaches about it." Katsuki grumbles, seriously considering it as he picks up a ball and hits it across for a warm-up.

"It's just Monoma, come on!" Kaminari giggles behind them, immediately breaking into a sprint when Katsuki hisses in anger and runs after him.

Katsuki playfully pins him to the ground, threatening to break his nose.

"Bakugo, get off him and come over." Aizawa sighs, rubbing his eyes tiredly as Katsuki clicks his tongue walking over to him.

"You'll have to move to Tokyo for practice, stay there for about 8 months, alright?" Aizawa starts, showing him his training plan.

Katsuki immediately answers yes. He always knew one day he'll have to move away, but then... Izuku crosses his mind.

Katsuki ends up deciding being away from Izuku for some time might help clear his mind.

"Well, you can start packing then. You leave in 3 days." Aizawa says, patting his shoulders in a comforting manner and walking away.

Katsuki didn't know how to tell him. After Izuku's last message, Katsuki tried sending him 'good morning' messages, but Izuku usually just left him on read.

Maybe he can go over to Todoroki's place for sometime and let them know.

Katsuki did just that, hoping Izuku was still home. His shift usually started late in the afternoon and went until quite late into the night.

As he rings the bell, Izuku's voice is heard. Katsuki's heart starts thumping faster, he could hear it ring in his ears, hoping no one else does.

Izuku opens the door with a small smile. His face immediately turns sour, seeing Katsuki. He wasn't disgusted or angry, he just didn't want the rumor to get worse.

This time, Katsuki was careful. He made sure his hair was completely covered and wore loose fitted clothes and sunglasses.

"Oh- uh... Bakugo." Izuku let's him inside. When Katsuki comes in, he didn't know how to start a conversation. Will it be awkward? Most probably, yeah. 

"Todoroki isn't here?" He asks instead, cringing at his voice in the absolute silence.

"He just be asleep, you could go check inside." Izuku leads the way, refusing to meet Katsuki's eyes.

Turns out Izuku and Todoroki shared a room. Katsuki was surprised to see the amount of all might posters in the room, Izuku let's out an embarassing squeak at that.

"Please ignore that." Izuku whispers, shaking his head as Katsuki let's out a small laugh.

"Peppermint. Get up." Katsuki shakes Todoroki awake. And it wasn't the gentle shake, Todoroki must've felt an entire earthquake with how fast Katsuki shook him.

"What do you want- stop waking me up like that!" Todoroki yells sleepily, his words slurring together as he sits up, punching Katsuki in his gut, a little too hard.

"I'm leaving for Tokyo." Katsuki immediately says, hoping Izuku caught that, who was making his bed right next to them.

"Great. Good for you." Todoroki grumbles, turning over and weaving himself into a cocoon.

Katsuki snatches the bedsheet away, hitting Izuku in the process. "Oh god Izuku- I did not mean that." Katsuki worriedly explains.

Todoroki snickers when Izuku gently explains that he's fine.

"Shoto Todoroki. Get the fuck up, alright? It's 9:30 in the morning." Katsuki ends up pulling Todoroki to their living space. The time was still however, a bit too early for Todoroki. Okay fine, it was too early for a night owl like him. 

"So... Tokyo, for what?" Todoroki asks once he fully wakes up, still a little hazy and with a bed-head.

"Nationals team practice or something. The coaches want us to assemble for team practice before the upcoming spring tournaments." Katsuki vaguely explains, waving to Uraraka and Tsuyu as they come out of the room.

"You're participating in the spring tournaments? Isn't that a little early for you? I mean, you just got into the team and you probably still don't know who you're playing with, you know." Uraraka wonders.

"I honestly don't know either, but I'll come back after the spring tournaments, for about 4 months before I leave again for the nationals, it's coming in less than a year and a half." Katsuki sighs, rubbing his face tiredly.

"Congratulations, Bakugo." Tsuyu wishes him immediately, as Todoroki face palms, wishing him, explaining it completely went over his head.

Katsuki genuinely hoped Izuku would wish him again, he was literally right next to him. But when he didn't, Katsuki assumed it was because he already congratulated him and not because he felt guilty.

"Isn't 8 months a long time? I mean, your parents are here and all..." Todoroki asks then, already digging into his breakfast.

"This was supposed to happen someday or the other. And it need not necessarily be nationals, you know. I could get offers to any place and my parents support it."

"That's a good thing." Izuku whispers, which Katsuki thankfully hears.

"Why? I mean, why is it specifically a good thing?" Katsuki immediately asks, looking over to Izuku with fond eyes, finally getting the opportunity to do so.

Todoroki snorts when Katsuki turns around without a single beat. Todoroki harshly kicks Katsuki under the table who doesn't react.

"The fact that they support you, of course." Izuku says, sighing and explains further at Katsuki's confused reaction.

"My mother wasn't supportive, Katsuki." Katsuki smiles at the first name slip up, but doesn't dwell on it.

"Why not?"

"She thought I might get hurt or I might spend too much time worrying about sports and lose concentration on my studies. The usual, you know.

"Besides, we weren't well off. I needed to work, if i took up sports as a career, I wouldn't know how long I could play. There's a limit, you know. But if i took something like a reporter you have steady income and all." Izuku vaguely explains, poking his food as he remembers those memories.

"You need not be a professional to play, Izuku."