Chapter 10

'Katsuki Bakugo in a relationship with Midoriya?

Does that explain the series of defeats faced by the team?' The headlines screamed and Katsuki swears, he nearly broke the T.V

Pictures of Katsuki's first date with Izuku. And pictures of Katsuki dropping Izuku at his home the same day was surfing the internet.

Katsuki couldn't imagine the embarrassment Izuku must be feeling. This was such an irritating thing, he couldn't understand how his love life would affect his play.

And the worst thing was, the article was written by the rival reporter, who accused Izuku during the press meet. Maybe he was already planning on publishing this article then.

Seems like he wanted his sweet revenge. At this point, Katsuki stopped caring, but what worried him was how Izuku would react to it.

They should've respected his privacy, if anything.

Just then, his phone rings. It's Izuku. Katsuki was a little hesitant on taking it up, but figured it would become worse if he didn't.

"Um- Bakugo. Did you see the articles?" Izuku's voice softly rings through the phone.

Katsuki's heart clenches when Izuku calls him 'Bakugo' he thought they were already past that phase.

"I did." Katsuki simply replies, waiting for Izuku's response.

"Oh- well... What do you think we should do?" Izuku's hesitancy is clearly heard. He wants to say something, but he must've felt bad about expressing it.

Katsuki doesn't know how to reply now. What should they do? What changes now? It's just an article.

"I don't know, Izuku. What should we do?" Katsuki simply questions back, his tone sounding confused.

"You don't have a problem with this?"

"I don't. This is not the first article criticising me." Katsuki snaps back. He couldn't wait and Izuku clearly wasn't saying whatever he wanted to.

"Okay. Maybe you don't. But I do." Izuku's voice sounds firm, after some ruffling from his side, he continues, "I might lose my job, Bakugo."

"What do you want to do now?" Katsuki exasperatedly asks, his face buried in his hands.

"Maybe... We shouldn't go out anymore." Izuku concludes sadly as Katsuki's breath hitches. 

"Izuku. We have hardly been on one date. I dropped you at your home after a meeting with the team once, that's it. We didn't even start dating! What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong between us, but... I need my job, Bakugo. I've had enough rejection in so many places. I- I have a mother, alright? I need to fend her and... Please, I need my job." Izuku nearly starts crying, his voice sounding so broken that Katsuki just wanted to hug him tightly.

"How's your job getting affected here? Did someone tell you something?" Katsuki hurriedly asks before Izuku cuts the call.

"I got a call in the morning, asking me to explain my behaviour. Your fans aren't happy with you dating, even though they made a huge ruckus in social media about shipping us.

That's just how it is, alright? They don't care about anything, but your looks. And it's defaming you. My channel doesn't want their reporter to be the reason of one of the best volleyball player's downfall."

"I still don't understand how this concerns your channel, Izuku." Katsuki grumbles, walking out with his car keys, he thought it would be better if he had a small drive.

"Did you open your social media?" Izuku asks instead.

"No. I just saw the news. But how does-"

"Just don't open your social media, alright? It's... Bad. Anyways, let's not.. you know meet up anymore. Like a date. We can see what happens after this and then... Let's decide." Izuku hastily whispers and cuts the call before Katsuki could reply back.

Katsuki's phone ringtone blares again, and for a second, he thought it was Izuku. Just, trying to tell him something. Anything.

But, it was Kirishima. Katsuki was slightly irritated, so he picked up the phone with an yell.

"What?" He yells into the phone, getting into his car before someone notices.

"Why was your phone busy for so long! I've been trying to catch you for quite sometime." Kirishima calmly, but excitedly replies.

"That doesn't matter. What do you want?" Katsuki genuinely didn't feel like talking to anyone else then. He should probably go around to Izuku's place and talk to him about it. 

"Bakugo! We have a surprise for you! Come to the training grounds, now!" Kaminari's voice is heard, now Katsuki is just confused.

"Yeah, fine." He grumbles, starting his car. He needed to clear his mind anyway, and some volleyball would always help.

Upon reaching the place, he finds the front entrance completely crowded with reporters, for a quick second Katsuki's eyes search for Izuku.

But then he realises, Izuku probably won't be here anymore. What if he doesn't report sports anymore?

Instead of the front and back entrance, Katsuki takes the side one. It was relatively small and never used, so people didn't know about it.

Katsuki hastily opens the door, jerking away when everyone yells. "Congratulations!"

"Congratulations for what? That I have a dating rumor with Izuku?" Katsuki finds himself asking.

"What- no! We have a better news and I swear after hearing this, which they probably have already, they wouldn't even remember the scandal and you guys could be back together!" Kirishima sing-songs, a smile permanently etched into his face.

"What is it?"

"You got into the national team! You're going to be playing in the nationals Bakugo!"

Katsuki freezes after hearing the, his eyes slightly glazing up.  Everyone jumps upon him to congratulate him.

Katsuki harshly rubs his eyes before anyone sees it and walks over to find the  announcement that the coaches had given.

It was about 30 minutes ago, right when he started talking to Izuku. And... Katsuki was never this happy. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"I got into the national team?" He whispers as Kirishima nods, patting his back.

His phone vibrates, Katsuki picks it up to see a ton of messages from his family and friends.

But, the most recent one was, Izuku.

Izuku <3
Congratulations Bakugo
Hope you have a wonderful career

Was he being sarcastic-?