Chapter 5

"Is Bakugo always this flirty?" Izuku whispers to Todoroki as Katsuki walks away a little, to drop his plate in the dishes after having breakfast at their place.

"He's worse, be glad he's pitying you," Todoroki replies, smugly looking at Izuku who had already turned a bright red.

"What- why would he- pity me?" Izuku stutters, hiding his face behind his hands when he finds Todoroki smirking at him.

"Midoriya, Bakugo literally said you're beautiful in a press meet, letting the whole world know that he thinks you're attractive. What makes you think light brushes and shy smiles are his things?" Todoroki questions, pointing his fork at Izuku as he speaks.

Izuku carefully lowers Todoroki's fork and continues, "But- why me? I've never met him before!" He exclaims, eyes wide as he stares at Katsuki's back.

Katsuki knew the conversation was about him. He was sure Todoroki is trying to hook them up, so who is he to say no?

"He's probably just trying to get to know you." Todoroki whispers, "He wasn't a huge fan of flings back in high school, just a few relationships here and there. He probably thinks you're interesting."

"I don't get it!" Izuku whines, stiffening when Katsuki returns. Todoroki simply smirks, looking at Katsuki when Izuku moves away shyly, letting Katsuki sit between him and Todoroki.

Katsuki notices how overwhelmed Izuku must've been feeling. "I'll take my leave then, thank you for the breakfast, dumbass. I have one job less to do."

Todoroki simply nods his head, scowling when Katsuki ruffles his hair. Katsuki gives others a grateful smile as he walks to the living room.

"You're already leaving, Bakugo?" Uraraka's voice comes behind as she bids him goodbye. Tsuyu chirps from the couch, now walking towards the others.

"Yeah, have some shit to do. It's not like we wouldn't meet again, right?" Katsuki asks, his gaze now fixated on Izuku who nods.

"Hope to see you again, Mr Bakugo," Izuku whispers, his previous pseudo-confidence vanishing in thin air.

"Actually... Midoriya, right?" Katsuki questions, as if he doesn't know his name and didn't stalk his social media. Todoroki snorts loudly, but Katsuki blatantly ignores him.

"Yup, Izuku Midoriya."

"How about I give you my number? You know, 'cause you seem to be quite interested in volleyball." Katsuki smugly questions, looking at Todoroki with a sly smirk. Todoroki responds with a scowl.

"Yes, of course, thanks a ton!" Izuku shyly answers, pulling out his phone to get his number. Katsuki then returns home, feeling slightly giddy and happy. Izuku's blush intensifies when he reads how Katsuki had saved his number.

Katsuki <3

That heart probably meant nothing. It wasn't even a huge deal. But it made him feel happy, it felt like Katsuki at least thought of him as an acquaintance. 

The next time they met was 3 days later. Katsuki was at his practice when he catches a mop of green hair bouncing around with a camera.

Katsuki plays as hard as he could that day. His spikes were practically unblockable. Kirishima and Kaminari whined the entire day, complaining about his strong arms.

Then they too, notice Izuku running around clicking pictures.

Now, they seriously couldn't say anything to Katsuki.

Katsuki had hurriedly pulled off his clothes and changed into casuals, definitely making sure he sprayed some perfume so he could be presentable. He was never in a hurry, not even during matches. But here he was, nearly skipping his shower so he doesn't miss Izuku.

"Such a surprise to see you, Midoriya," Katsuki whispers next to Izuku's ears, making him shiver and jerk.

"Mr Bakugo! I didn't see you there." Izuku nervously chuckles, tightly holding onto his notepad.

"Hm, let's see, what have you got there?" Katsuki mumbles, trying to peek into the book as Izuku shies away, shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Hey come on! You're making me more curious now!" Katsuki complains with a huge smile as Izuku gives up. It's not like he could've resisted for long though.

"It's not a big deal! It's just for my blog..." Izuku softly admits, insisting that he would show it only after editing and deleting the unnecessary ones.

"Oh come on, it doesn't matter!" Katsuki exclaims instead, convincing Izuku to show him.

"Let's go somewhere else, probably... Your teammates are staring." Izuku whispers, looking behind Katsuki to find people who were trying to eavesdrop.

His teammates were staring at them the entire time, Katsuki was never in a hurry. He was a punctual person at all times, organised and neat.

"Look away," Katsuki grumbles, turning around and scowling at his teammates. Kirishima and Kaminari, who were the first ones to join immediately run away, laughing to themselves.

"Don't worry about them, those dumbasses are also Todoroki's friends," Katsuki explains, guiding Izuku outside.

"Oh, is it so? I didn't know Todoroki had these many friends... He never spoke about you guys..." Izuku mumbles, already getting lost in thought. Katsuki chuckles at his expression as they walk towards the parking lot.

"You're going with me. No questions asked or excuses given, okay?" Katsuki sternly says as he pulls Izuku. Izuku dumbly nods, his eyes cast down.

"So, we're going on a date?"

"What? No! I mean- I wouldn't mind but like- that's not what I meant! Cause I don't want to force you or anything-" Izuku starts, his face already turning beet red.

Katsuki loved Izuku's reactions. His face turns red almost immediately, he blushes too easily and too often.

"It's okay Midoriya. Don't fret. I wouldn't mind going on a date with you. In fact, I would love to go on a date with you." Katsuki concludes with a flirty smile, playing with his keychains.

"Oh... Thank you Mr Bakugo." Izuku shyly accepts, not knowing how to respond to such a statement.

"Oh, please. Drop the formalities. Aren't we good enough friends to start calling each other by our first names?" Katsuki exasperatedly asks, turning towards a brand new and shiny motorbike.

"I mean, sure! I don't call Todoroki by his first name because he thinks it's weird, so he doesn't either. But I would love to call you by your first name." Izuku exclaims, his eyebrows raising when he sees Katsuki get on a motorbike.

It was a flashy orange sports bike, just like the ones Izuku saw on the TV.

They- they were going to ride that?!?