Chapter 17

Author's note:
I'm so damn sorry guys!! I'm very much alive, I just did t get enough time or motivation to write. I'll definitely finish my incomplete books before disappearing, i promise.

(P.s you probably don't remember what this story was about in the first place, so i suggest you read the last few paragraphs in the previous chapter. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this story.)

---

It was true. Izuku did receive a email from the organisation. Barely about half an hour ago. And he had received a call as well, which he didn't notice.

"Izuku fucking Midoriya. If you tell me that you didn't fucking notice a new goddamn job offer, I will skin you alive and feed you to the dogs." Todoroki seethes, walking in with thudding footsteps.

But Izuku doesn't mind it too much. He knows empty threats when he hears one.

"Todoroki... I- I think I did." Before Izuku could skim through the email properly, Todoroki snatches the phone from him and reads through it.

"You did, Midoriya." Todoroki smiles softly, pulling Izuku for a hug.

And by evening, Uraraka arranged a small dinner arty for themselves, with cake that she made herself. (needless to say, they all loved it)

Izuku <3:
Thank you, Katsuki. Can't wait to see you at the court.

The smile that lit up Katsuki's face, couldn't be washed away the entire day. Even with Monoma's consistent irritating behaviour, Katsuki was happy.

Afterall, Izuku was coming over.

Izuku was freaking the fuck out in his house at the same time. He forgot two main things -

1. His mother. She could come over and beat the fuck out of him (happened only once when she was upset with him about going to the volleyball court after his rehabilitation)

And he has absolutely no excuses to give! He's as well as dead.

2. His cousin who lived in Tokyo moved cities? And he never knew that? How would he pay for his accomodation now? That's a whole other rollercoaster. Being a coach gets a bit less than his previous salary, but close enough. It won't be enough.

"You can ask Katsuki where he's living." Uraraka casually suggests, while she was helping him pack.

"And see him shirtless like everyday? I'll probably die of nosebleeds. Why can't you guys just move with me?" Izuku whines, hissing when Todoroki smacks his head.

"He won't change infront of you dumbass-" Uraraka starts, but then cuts herself off. "Actually, on second though, he just might."

"Ochako you aren't helping!" Izuku cries out, hugging her gently.

"Lie to your mom. Tell her you're moving under your channel for news coverage as a journalist instead of a reporter. Then grow some balls and ask Katsuki if you can crash for some time." Todoroki mindlessly adds, scowling when Izuku purposefully knocks against his knee while sitting down.

"I can't lie to my mom forever!" Was all Izuku could come up with.

"At least for the time being."

"Let's hope she believes me." Izuku sighs, already feeling like his energy has run out.

"Let's also hope you grow some balls and text Katsuki."

"Todoroki!"

So, Todoroki forces Izuku to text him. But he believes it would've happened regardless, considering how much oUku talks about him in a single day.

When Tsuyu asks him about his accomodation, Izuku an reply with relief. "The coaching team has a dorm. Most players would stay at the dorm, so I just need to pop a form in to stay there."

But naturally, all of them come over to the station to drop Izuku off. Todoroki even takes the time to come all the way to Tokyo to help him settle down.

Izuku had been really anxious about living too far away from his mother. But even Inko, who was cleverly fooled by the well-planned lie, forces him to leave.

"Thank you so much for coming with me, Todoroki." Izuku says as soon as they're out of the train.

"Not a big deal, it's my day off. Besides, it's your first time out of your comfort zone, so I get it."

When they both reach the dorms, Izuku has this sudden itch to enter the court first. Turns out the court was a simply walkable distance from the dorms. And they passed it on their way.

"Katsuki must be practicing right now." Todoroki reminds him.

"I mean, true. But why is that relevant right now?" Izuku hisses, huffing as he carries heavy luggages up the stairs.

"Maybe because he's your crush?"

"Who's his crush?" Izuku jumps at the sudden voice, dropping his boxes and holding his chest tightly, as if he's trying to stop his heart from beating too fast.

"Bakugo? What are you doing here? Don't you have practice right now?" Todoroki asks as soon as he realises who it was.

Katsuki simply chuckles, and leans forward to pick up the boxes Izuku dropped. "I'm not skipping training, don't worry. Mine starts in like two hours, it's another batch that's training right now."

"Oh my god Katsuki. Give a man a goddamn warning! Jesus christ." Izuku gasps, still trying to catch his breath. However, kindly asks Katsuki to pass the boxes so they don't disturb him.

"What? I didn't mean to scare you! Besides, who were you guys talking about?" Katsuki casually asks, trying to conceal his inner turmoil.

"That's nothing. Todoroki is just being stupid." Izuku answers without missing a beat. He thinks it's worth it even though Todoroki harshly hits his head.

They reach Izuku's new room. It was petty plain and that's the exact opposite of Izuku's previous room so he immediately starts stacking up things.

He didn't bring much from his house. His clothes were packed in suitcases so he figured he'll arrange them later. But immediately removed the cardboard boxes.

"Why in the world would you need so many All Might figurines? Those ones with smiles look so creepy." Todoroki complains when he opens another box and finds a similar situation.

Katsuki gets a little comfortable and starts scrolling through his phone. Ignoring every complaint that Todoroki threw his way about not helping in unpacking.

"Why do people already know about you changing your job?" Katsuki asks, completely unbothered.

"Shit, they do?" Izuku fumbles for his phone, sighing harshly when he sees a tweet tagging him and Katsuki.

"Ah someone saw you coming on the train. They don't know about your job, don't worry." Katsuki reassures, patting his shoulder awkwardly.

"Anyways. As long as your mother have a Twitter account." Todoroki sighs, then hugs Izuku. "I'll come by again next weekend with others, okay? Stay safe."

Todoroki leaves, but only after giving Izuku a suggestive wink. And Katsuki could only silently fume in anger. After all his dumbass assumes it to be about Monoma.