8 - Let's have a talk

*Mia pov*

After our little talk and going back into the living room joining Grace and Bonnie laying on the carpet.
We had lunch at Chris's we ordered Mexican and it was delicious! Then we settled down for a movie, and of course it was frozen, Grace's favorite.
"Alright missy, time for your nap" Chris says picking his daughter up from my lap
"Daddy..."
"Just an hour"
She pouted at him but soon after let out a big yawn
"See baby girl you are tired. Say bye bye to the girls"
She waves us an indeed tired goodbye while Chris starts to walk towards the stairs
"We'll see you later sweetie" I said after blowing her a kiss.
After watching the father-daughter duo walking up the stairs I felt eyes on me
"What?!" I ask looking at Bonnie
"Where did you and Chris disappeared to earlier?"
"Last night he told me he had a crush on a girl but I saw he was too scared to ask her out, so earlier I went to talk to him and after convincing him to try the 'speech' with me turns out I'm the girl"
"Shit!"
"Ssshhh! Keep your voice down..."
"Right sorry...so he likes you"
"Uhuh"
"You like him back right?"
"Of course I do"
"Uuuu"
"Stop...we decided to go get drinks but we still haven't decided when"
"I'm happy for you!" She whispers yells hugging me
"It's just a date...we'll see what happens after"
"Oh come on, be positive"
"I'm trying to be"
"Not every man is like Jake...certainly not Chris"
"I know...and he's been heartbroken too so"
"Exactly. Have you told him about...you know..."
"I told him I'm still a virgin but not the whole thing. But I want to talk about that soon with him"
"Good, I'm proud of how you am have overcome all that shit" she says bringing me closer to her once again
"Thank you Bon Bon"
"Am I...interrupting something?" Chris asks from behind the couch
"No" we both say
"Well...I think I'm gonna go for a walk, let you talk. See you later"
"Uhm...bye" Chris says closing the door after Bonnie has exited "what just happen?" He mumbles to himself
"We need to talk?" He asks sitting next to me on the couch
I turn my body slightly towards him
"About my past..." I say looking down at my hands
"We don't have to do it now if you don't feel up to it" he says grabbing my hands in his
"You need to know why I want to go slow"
"I'm all ears"
"As I told you I only had one relationship. His name was Jake..."
"Was?"
"He died of overdose he started doing drugs after I left him. Anyway, we were young. High school sweethearts actually, we've been together for eight years, got together at 12. The first years were beautiful, ya know we were just teens so we spend our time studying and having fun, but after we graduated he changed, he wanted things from me and I wasn't ready"
"Sex?"
"Yeah...I mean not that I wanted to save myself for my wedding night but, I didn't feel ready to give myself to him. He started to be jealous first, and a bit possessive..."
"Did he ever..."
"He never laid hands on me no...but he started to insist on having sex and that went on for a year but I didn't feel comfortable so we never did. One afternoon I was at his place we were watching tv and suddenly he pushed his hands down my pants, barely touching me but that felt so wrong to me and I pushed him away. He later apologized but I couldn't stay with him knowing he would try again"
"Mia...that's...I'm sorry for what happened" he says making me look into his baby blues
"And so after that I didn't want to engage in other relationships, I threw myself into work..."
"What changed now?"
"You made me feel safe for the first time in ten years Chris, made me feel comfortable around a man again"
"I'm glad you told me this, I know it's not easy letting someone in"
"I feel lighter now"
He hugs me for a couple of minutes and then we move to a more comfy position
"I want you to know I'll never ever do things without asking your permission first ok?"
"Thank you"
"I really mean it, never, do you trust me?"
"I do Chris" I answer him leaning my head on his shoulder
"Good, I trust you as well Mia"
"Good, if there's trust we won't end up heartbroken again right..."
"I would never break your heart"
"Me neither"
"Hey uh...Grace is starting school on Monday, would you like to come with us and then we can go grab breakfast somewhere? Or you can join me once I've dropped her off"
"I'd love to come with the two of you"
"Good, it's a date then"
"It's a date yes!"
He presses a soft couple of kisses to my head and then we direct our attention to the tv show playing on the tv.
Being here, in his arms, even though not fully in his arms makes me feel so safe and happy, like I've never been before...

A/n
Hi guys hope you are doing fine!
Hope you enjoyed this❤️