21 - Show

A/n

I don't celebrate it because I'm not American, but for those of you who are Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
(Even though I'm pretty sure it was yesterday...)❤️

*Chris pov*

It's the end of May and today it's Grace last day of school and she has a little play in the early afternoon and of course I'm going, my mom and Scott are also coming, my sisters are unfortunately busy and so is Mia...
Grace was so sad when she learned that Mia couldn't attend her school play.

I'm currently at mom's waiting for her to get ready and then we'll go pick up Scott and head over to the school. We had an early lunch together and chat a bit.
"I'm ready! Let's go get your brother" my ma says grabbing the house keys to pick the door.
In fifteen minutes we are at Scott's and he's already waiting for us so as soon as I stop the car he jumps one and we make our way to the school.

"So she's the one in the bee costume?" Scott asks as I park the car
"Yep! Let's go"
We enter the school and show our tickets made by the children and then they show us where our seats are.
"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the show! You little ones have worked a lot on learning all the songs and the drawing you see above me are made by them, we hope you enjoy the show!" The head teacher says and leaves the stage.
20/30 little kids aged 3 to 5 walk up on stage and meticulously take their position and start to sing the first song. They all have animals costumes on and all the songs are about animals.
My little girl keeps smiling as she sings along with the others and ones her eye meet mines she gives me the cheekiest smile and a little wave, and I respond I blow her a kiss.
"Surprise!" Someone whispers in my ear
A voice that I instantly recognize, Mia's voice.
I turn and look up at her smiling.
"Aren't you supposed to be working?"
"When Brian found out I couldn't attend Grace's play because I had to work he offered to cover my shift...so I'm here!"
"I'm so happy you made it!" My mom says squeezing her hand and Scott waves to her
I gently pull her down ti sit on my lap and together we keep watching the adorable little show
Towards the hand I notice that Grace has seen Mia cause she was smiling so bright and kept waving at us.

Once the recital ended all the parents went in the respective kids classroom to collect their children.
Mia and I went as mom and Scott waited for us outside.
"Mommy! Mommy you here!"
"I'm here baby! You did so good!" Mia says picking her up and twirling around giving her cheeks lots of kisses.
We both thank the teachers and Grace says her last goodbyes cause after all today it's the start of summer vacation for her.
We walk outside and meet with the rest and go grab ice cream in our favorite place that just happens to be near a park, so while we lick our ice cream scones we walk through it and Grace pick up some flowers and gives that to her grandma and Mia.
"Dada, this for you" she says handing me two daisies
"Oh these are beautiful baby, come here!" I scoop her up and put her on my shoulders, she rests her head on mine and ask for Mia to grab her hand.

"Should we put her in bed?" Mia asks at ten pm looking at a sleeping Grace
"Yup!"
She picks her up and we both go into her bedroom, but as soon as Mia tries to put her down Grace grips her tighter
"No...I sleep mama and dada"
Mia looks up at me
"She wants to sleep with us" I say
"Ok...let's go Angel"
Grace hums and once we lay down in our bed she cuddles up to Mia.
"I love you both so much" I whisper before kissing their foreheads and turning off the light.

A/n
Hope you liked this!