Chapter 14 : A Weekend Apart 🌶

Kate

What am I doing?

It felt like something out of a dream, waking up to see Raul lying on the bed beside me. My brain kept telling me this wasn't supposed to be happening yet when he pulls me over him, it felt so right to give in to his kiss.

His hands are all over me, yet my body still aches for his touch. He's on top of me, kissing my throat, making me moan and writhe with need. Before I realize what's happening, I'm naked. My husband is tearing off my panties as though they're on fire.

"Oh, God!" I gasp. I'm not sure why but it still felt so strange being so exposed down there. Exposed to him.

"Is this okay?" he says

"Yes!" I reply quickly, afraid he'd change his mind about ...whatever he came to my bedroom for.

With a contented sigh, he drops a light kiss on my lips. When he pulls away, I'm about to protest but instead, I sigh when he fastens his lips around my nipple.

This is perfect. He is perfect. There is nothing in my wildest dreams of Raul that compares to the utter bliss of his mouth and hands on my body. My fantasies are a lukewarm and pathetically childish memory, now that he's here, all warm caresses and hard muscle and persistent mouth. I blink back tears brought on by the sudden surge of emotion.

I moan and claw on the sheets when Raul teases my nipple with his hot tongue. His hand slides between my thighs, and I buck my hips instinctively when he strokes me with his fingers.

"Mmmm... you're so wet, querida," he whispers, hot breath on my skin.

He takes my other nipple in his mouth and I have to bite my lower lip to keep from screaming in ecstasy.

"Please... Raul..."

As though I'd commanded him, he rises to his knees and pushes his sweatpants down. The sight of his beautifully thick, rigid cock sends my pulse racing even faster. I look up to meet his eyes and, on impulse, lick my lower lip.

His gaze darkens and he grabs my knees. I hook my legs around him, eager to have him inside me. There's no pain this time, only a wave of pleasure rushing through my body as he makes his first thrust. I arch my back in surrender.

"Oh, baby." His words are raspy against my ear.

I close my eyes for a moment as he makes love to me, so slow and gentle. Despite that, I'm a riot of emotions inside. He's my world now, surrounding me, on top of me, under my skin. Is this what love feels like, I wonder. Because if I wasn't already desperately in love with my husband, I must be now.

Raul

"A party?" I raise my eyebrows in surprise at Congresswoman Sybil Knox's invitation. We'd schedule a dinner that evening to discuss the broad strokes of my company's plans in her district, after which our people would hash out the details the next day.

She chuckles. "I'm sorry, I know it's not what we'd planned," she says. "Which is why I'm calling you personally to invite you and your team. You seem, my wonderful husband has decided to surprise me with a visit so we could celebrate our twenty-second anniversary together. We were going to put it off until I could fly back to Raleigh next week but I guess he decided last minute he wanted to celebrate on the day itself."

"That's ...wonderful, Ms. Knox." I feel a pang in my chest thinking about what it must be like to be with the same partner for two decades. "Happy anniversary."

"Thank you. But call me Libby, please. Everyone does. Your new wife is with you, I hope? I'm hoping to meet her. I hear you got married early this week."