Chapter 44 : Dead End

Raul

Just like the night before, I wake up at dawn with a raging hard-on.

While she sleeps, Kate tends to hook her leg around mine. This time I wake up to her lying almost on top of me, one leg between mine. I can only imagine how many times she's rubbed that leg against my cock since we fell asleep.

I lie very still, eyes closed, and try to think of anything but fucking my wife.

Except ... every breath I take fills my senses with the soft scent of her hair, each rise of my chest makes me even more aware of breasts pressed against it. Disgusted with myself, I curl my arm over her shoulders to gently move her off me.

Instead, I find myself stroking her hair ... her back ... the arm she has slung over my waist. She makes a sound of contentment, and it sounds almost like a purr.

Madre de Dios, help me.

I should go back to sleep. Sleep will make me forget the stiffness of my cock, the fire sparkling in my blood. The scent of her hair. The way her body fits so perfectly against mine.

Closing my eyes again, I wait for sleep. It never comes. After five minutes, I give up and open my eyes. Kate hasn't moved. I don't want to disturb her but I need to get her off me. If her leg rubs against my erection one more time, I'm going to lose it.

I try to ease her off me as gently as I can, trying to ignore how soft her skin feels as she slides down my side. Just before I'm home free, her eyelids flutter open.

I freeze.

"Raul?"

I'm holding my breath, hoping the shadows hide from her what's going on lower down my body. "I'm... uh... I need to go to the bathroom," I say.

She yawns as she rolls completely off me. "Okay."

I pull the duvet up over her shoulders before rising off the bed. Instead of going to the en suite, I head to the door. A glance back tells me she's fallen back to sleep and won't notice if I leave. I leave my robe where it's draped over a chair and slip out of the room without making a sound.

It's too cold for me to be walking down the hall to my bedroom in nothing but my pajamas but cold is good. It's what I need right now.

My bedroom — our bedroom— greets me with an almost hostile silence. Its emptiness feels like a testimony of my failure as a husband. I sit behind my desk and pick up my phone from the charging stand.

I'm going to meet with Nico after work today and tell him everything. I just wanted to let you know in case you want to speak to him first.

After sending the message, I drop the phone on the desk. It's four a.m. and I'm not expecting a reply right away. Still, I sit there staring at it for a minute. It lights up with a message. A reply.

Everything?

Yes, everything. You and me. The past. Why you're with him. I'm sorry but I need to come clean to him and beg his forgiveness. I think you do too.

Three minutes pass before she replies.

You're probably right.

My chest feels a little lighter. Yes, Yandra may have acted with not the best intentions toward me, but it wasn't her fault. Coming clean to Nico meant I'll have to expose her own wrongdoings. It can't be helped but it doesn't mean it's fair. Not to her. But if she's all right with it, it relieves me of some of the guilt.

So you'll speak to him? I feel it's better if you do it first. But it's all right if you don't want to.

I'll talk to him in the morning.