Chapter 30 : Never Leave Me

In celebration of the EDSA Revolution anniversary, I decided to post chapter 30 early. Enjoy!

Love and solidarity,
Ansela 

_______________________________

Katelin's POV

"Raul, is there something you're not telling me?"

When he doesn't reply, I add, "It's okay. I just want to know, that's all." I glance at the partition between us and Santino. It was shut.

Raul takes a breath. "Someone's trying to create a scandal," he says. "Something that will get me fired from the company."

I inhale sharply. "Who is it?"

"I don't know. But Yandra is part of it."

"So she should know who it is."

"She won't tell me, she thinks her life could be in danger if she does." He pulled me closer. "You'll have added security starting tomorrow, all right? If Yandra is right and this person is dangerous, there's no telling what they might try to do."

"Is that why you came to Finley's? Because you were worried?"

"Yeah." He pauses. "And I needed to see you. It's been a long few weeks."

My heart skips a beat. For a wild moment, I wonder if he might feel the same way I do about him. Or did he just need a friend tonight?

"What do we do now?" I say.

"Apart from the added security, we just carry on as usual. We don't let on that we know. I have a private investigator looking into it. I think we're close."

I lift my head from his chest to look him in the eyes. "Promise you'll let me know when you find anything?" There's no way I'm just sitting around waiting for him to sort this situation out and give me the all-clear. "Raul, you and I have always been a team. Just because you want to protect me, it doesn't mean you have to keep me in the dark."

"I know, I'm sorry." His hand found mine, and he held it tightly. "Yes, I promise."

"Okay, well—"

The rest of my sentence never leaves my mouth because he kisses me.

It's not gentle or sweet. He takes my mouth with a hunger I've only ever seen when we made love, and only rarely. He's generally controlled, even practiced in the way he took my body and brought me to heights of pleasure. That isn't the Raul who is clutching the back of my neck, imprisoning me in his grasp as he plunders my mouth with his tongue as though desperate to taste my soul.

My fingers tighten around a handful of his shirt, holding on to him to keep me steady. My world is at an unsteady kilter, and he is all I have to keep my balance. I'll give him what he wants— my soul, my body, my love — if that's what he needs.

We don't even make it to the bedroom.

As soon as we get inside the house, Raul has me against the wall by the front door. It doesn't sink in until a moment later that he has ripped my blouse open, tearing out the buttons. My mind and body are much too preoccupied with the way his mouth feels on my neck and his hands on my skin. He's hiking up my skirt as far as it would go. I hear the clink of metal and the rustling of heavy fabric as he undoes his belt and pants.

The next thing I know, he's lifting me by my ass and pinning me against the wall.

"Hang on to me, querida," he rasps.

I barely get my arms around his neck before he enters me. So heightened is my arousal that I nearly cum right there. The cry that escapes my throat shatters the silence of the big house. Pleasure crashes through my trembling body with each thrust of his hips. I tighten my legs around his waist, holding on with all my strength as my husband fucks me with almost brutal ferocity. His breath is hot against my cheek. Each whispered endearment sends tingles up the back of my neck and heat churning low in my belly.