CHAPTER 7

"I like babysitting, I'm okay with it!" Himeno said and giggled

"I like babysitting, I'm okay with it!" Himeno said and giggled. Aki didn't want Himeno to be bothered by Y/N and wanted her to trust her.

"Let's confirm what we know." Aki said. Himeno placed Y/N down, Y/N sat on the opposite bed.

"Likely due to a devil's action, no matter how far we climb or descend, arrive back at the 8th floor. For some reason the elevators are unusable. We can't get to the outside from the rooms or windows. When we tried going through the ceiling, it was still the 8th floor on the other side."
Aki said. Y/N thought about breaking the walls, but there was the same room after the window too.

"Isn't it because power killed that devil? That devil died while it was using its ability to trap us in." Denji said and rolled his eyes. Power shook her head in anger;

"You're the one who said to kill it!!" Power yelled and they started arguing.

"Abilities get undone if the devil dies, so that's impossible." Aki said and crossed his arms.

"Aki, any response from the fragment? About that...the response has completely died off. So the devil was a lure to trap us huh...This is the first time I've seen a devil pull something as tricky as this." Himeno said. Y/N got up from the bed and left the room, looking around. She started to enter other rooms, but she always came to the same place.

But she kept breaking into the rooms, this Devil might have a limit. But each time she passed by the room where the others were. Y/N started going down the stairs, ended up coming to the same room again, yet she didn't give up. After looking around for a while, she saw that Aki was also looking around the rooms.

"Stay still." Aki said, Y/N nodded. For a few minute, Aki entered the rooms and climbed the stairs, constantly passing the same room. Y/N sat on the floor and started watching Aki, while Arai and Kobeni were roaming the rooms too. Himeno took Y/N's hand and lifted her to her feet, continuing to walk while still holding her hand.

"No resting!" Himeno said. The two continued walking and they came to the same room. Y/N went back into the room and lifted the beds up, banging on the floor, but there was nothing on the floor. Himeno watched Y/N confused. Why so strong? Himeno thought.

"Y/N, can you try to stand still with all your might?" Himeno said, Y/N nodded. Aki was watching them confused. Himeno suddenly pushed Y/N with all her might, Y/N didn't even move.

"Is that your devil's power?" Himeno said, Y/N nodded. She become just as strong as her Devil when he captured her heart.

"Oh, nothing can even kill you, you are so strong!" Himeno said. Y/N shook her head.

"I died twice." Y/N said. Himeno's smile faded and laughed nervously.

"Oh." Himeno said. Y/N entered the room and sat back down on the bed. If they stayed here for more than a day, they would die because they had no food or water, at least for now...

===============================

"Himeno, have any cigarettes left?" Aki said. Himeno shook her head and pointed at the cigarette on her mouth;

"Sorry this is the last one!" Himeno said. Aki sighed;

"Ah, then I'll have that one please." Aki said. Himeno nodded;

"Ehh, well, guess there's no helping it..." Himeno said and placed the cigarette on Aki's mouth. Denji looked at them in anger;

"That's a kiss! Not fair! That's an indirect kiss!!!" Denji yelled, Y/N and Himeno looked at him confused. Aki sighed and leaned against wall.

"I've got some bad news. The devil that we killed..."

"The one i killed!!! Right!!!" Power yelled, Aki rolled his eyes and contuined talking.

"It's getting bigger and bigger." Aki said. Everyone looked at him confused. They left the room and started walking, Aki turned to look at Y/N.

"I want you to stay here with Kobeni." Aki said, Y/N looked at him confused.

"Take care of her." Aki said and pointed at Kobeni. Kobeni? But she's older than me? Y/N thought. Aki left the room and closed the door. Kobeni looked at Y/N and then approached the door and started listening to them. It was impossible for Y/N to keep an eye on this girl, Kobeni was older and physically older than her. She didn't want to use her strength just to keep an eye on her.

"Denji...Denji...Denji..." Kobeni said and pressed Y/N's face against the door.

"Listen...We will die because of him!" Kobeni said. Kobeni let go of Y/N's head and took a knife in her hand. After looking at Y/N, she left the room and looked at the others.

"Let it...Eat denji..." Kobeni said and held the knife tightly and started running towards Denji. Denji was about to attack her back but Aki kicked Kobeni's hand and the knife fell to the ground. Himeno hit Kobeni in the chest with her elbow and Kobeni fell to the ground in pain.

"Man it's annoying...Aki, if the fox swallows it, won't that end this?" Himeno said. Even though Aki tried to use his Devil, the devil didn't appear.

"Looks like the fox isn't coming...We're cut off from the outside. Since the fox's body is in kyoto." Aki said. Can i use mine? Y/N thought.

"Guess I'll do it with my ghost then!" Himeno said and lifted her right hand up. Even though her ghost attacked the Devil, the Devil was getting bigger.

"Eh...It got bigger." Himeno said. Y/N was thinking of making Devil suffer so maybe Devil could give up because of it.

"It is useless...This is not my real body. My heart is not here. This is inside my stomach...My weak point is not on 8th floor. Unless you contract with me, you will not leave alive." The devil said. Y/N sat on the floor and started to think. The Devil only wanted Denji's Devil. This has nothing to do with me. Y/N thought. But, to leave this hotel, All they could do was hand Denji over to the Devil. Of course, the only people who wouldn't do that were Aki and Y/N.

"If we just kill him, we can get outside and figure out a plan to deal with it. At this rate, we'll all starve to death in this hotel... It's allowed by law for devil hunters to contract with a devil...!! We should take that devil's deal!!"

1130 words.