-CHAPTER 26-

-26-

A few days had passed, and Power, Aki, and Denji had already returned home. Y/N stayed with Kishibe for 2 days, no matter how bored she was, she was happy that Kishibe at least tried his best to make her smile.

Everyone had a good time last night and Aki told Y/N what they had done there. Aki tried his best to make the place seem like what a boring place it was, and everyone agreed with him. Y/N, on the other hand, regretted wanting to come, they had to lie even though they had a good time.

===============================

"Phew...it was so boring without Y/N. Anyway why didn't Makima allow her?" Power said and kept following them, Denji shrugged.

"She's a bitch that's why." Y/N said. Everyone looked at Y/N's face shocked.

"What did she say?" Denji said. Aki bent down and grabbed Y/N's arm and looked at her face.

"Who is teaching you these curses?" Aki said. Y/N looked at Denji and Power, they quickly walked away. Aki was about to shout at them, but Denji and Power rushed into Makima's room, Y/N and Aki quickly followed them into the room. They closed the door and Y/N stood behind Aki.

"The three of you look well. I'm glad. Sorry to call you in out of the blue." Makima said. Y/N started mocking her inside her head.

"Excuse me but...What is this concerning?" Aki said and looked at Makima's face confused.

"Hayakawa. As you requested, division 4 can withdraw from the expedition to eliminate the gun devil. It's not a problem. But Denji, Y/N and Power will be going on operation." Makima said, everyone watched her confused.

"Denji, Y/N and Power are under my supervision. I'd like to show more people their capabilities to legitimize division 4. I'm having them temporarily join devil extermination division 7 to carry out the operation. Operation members need to be briefed on related classified material. Hayakawa, if you'll be sitting it out, I'll have to ask you to leave." Makima said, slightly smiling at them. Denji and Power looked at each other, then at Makima.

"I'll do it. I've got plans of my own. I've been waiting for this for a long time." Denji said. Power agreed with him.

"I'm going too! Denji's my buddy after all!" Power yelled and placed his arm around Denji's neck. Makima kept her slight smile and looked at Y/N, Y/N averted her faze and turned her back to Makima.

"Miss Makima...I'm sorry...May i join the operation too?" Aki said. Y/N looked up at Aki's face and slightly shook her head.

"Great. Of course you may. Denji, Y/N and Power will need a guardian with them. No need to worry. Denji doesn't die, and power is quite sturdy herself. You just worry about yourself." Makima said. What about me? Y/N thought.

"Now that all of you are on the operation, I'll tell you what we know regarding the gun devil's current status. The information I'm about to disclose can't leave this room. As of now, the gun devil has already been defeated and confined." Makima said, everyone looked at his face confused.

"Huuh!? No way!" Denji yelled.

"When the Soviet army sighted the gun devil for the first time, it had already been taken down by someone else and was in unconscious state. Currently, 20 percent of the gun devil's body is possessed by America...28 percent by the Soviets. 11 percent by china...and 4 percent by the other countries. The remaining 37 percent is held by devils around the world as flesh pieces." Makima said. Y/N kept listening to them confused while Aki looked at Makima shocked.

"No way! That's not possible! What about the guns that killed Himeno, kurose and all the others...?" Aki said.

"Those were made by man." Makima said.

"But the manufacture of guns is strictly controlled in every country, By international law..." aki said, Makima nodded.

"Officially, yes. But in reality, in every country, the government circulates gun manufactured in secret. Though it seems the people trafficking the guns are claiming they obtained them in contracts with the gun devil to cover up the unseemly truth." Makima said.

"That sounds like a conspiracy theory..." Aki said. Makima tilted her head.

"Does it? All sorts of governments funneled arms to areas in conflict even before the gun devil..." Makima said. Y/N had stopped listening to them, leaning back against Denji and staring at the wall.

"But then fear of guns will only keep rising!!" Aki yelled.

"As it should. The more world fears the gun devil, the stronger the gun devil will grow. Then the nations in possession of more of the gun's devil's body will have the upper hand against other nations." Makima said.

"Wait, so then...an expedition to eliminate the gun devil, does that mean...?" Aki said. Makima nodded.

"Yes. I'm sure it will be a kind of war."

===============================

"Why so down, top-knot? It's just 'Go kill, go home' right?" Denji said. Y/N sat next to Aki and contuined eating her ice cream.

"What, are you scared?" Denji said. Aki slowly lifted his head up.

"Even if we manage to kill the gun devil...the body would probably be collected by public safety and kept by the government. We aren't going on a mission to kill gun devil. We're going on a mission to take the devil from another country for Japan's possession." Aki said as he contuined talking, Y/N's ice cream fell to her shirt. Power looked at Y/N and started laughing, Y/N stood up and put the ice cream on Power's shirt.

"It means the gun devil can never be killed. The gun devil will live forever, always being used by one group or other." Aki says, glaring at Power and Y/N.

"Wait, what...? Nah, man, that can't be right, i mean..." Denji said then went silent. Power nudged Y/N's forehead with her finger and pushed her away, then rolled her eyes, Y/N laughed and wiped the ice cream. Aki suddenly made a painful noise and closed one eye and stared at the ground in fear and stress.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Denji said and watched Aki confused.

"Headache devil!" Y/N yelled. Denji slapped Y/N's head.

"It doesn't exist!!" Denji yelled. Y/N held her head and glared at Denji.

"Headache devil doesn't, but tomato devil does?" Y/N said. Denji looked at Y/N's face in anger.

"COME ON!! I wasn't lying when i said i killed tomato devil." Denji said. Y/N rolled her eyes and walked away, Denji facepalmed only. Y/N put her hand on Aki's head and gave him a confused look. Aki slowly stood up and started walking.

"I'm okay. Let's go." Aki said and kept walking away. Denji, Power and Y/N followed after him. Y/N watched Aki for a while as she walked and kept walking. Is he dying slowly? Y/N thought...

1189 words...