-CHAPTER 20-

-20-

"I begged higashiyama and her buddy to help me slip out of the hospital to be here. I want to avenge my friends. I have to. Please!" Kurose said. Y/N walked away and followed after Kobeni and Power.

"Is that your car?" Power said and looked at Kobeni, Kobeni nodded.

"I bought it with my own money...I can chauffeur my family around with it so..." Kobeni said.

"I've been tired of all this walking lately...This is perfect! Give me a ride!" Power said, Kobeni looked at her in horror.

"This looks like my car... Isn't this my car? Are you a thief?!" Power yelled and glared at Kobeni, Y/N watched them confused.

"uh-NO!" Kobeni said, Power laughed and sat on the seat.

" Power, can you crush Kurose?" Y/N said, Power and Kobeni looked at her confused.

"Why should i?"Power said and raised her eyebrows.

"I heard the others got shot and crashed a tree but he just has a bandage on his head and he healed in a very short time, do you really believe it's Kurose?" Y/N said. Power watched Y/N for a while then agreed with her.

"YEAH! That's what i exactly thought first." Power said and started the engine.

"NO WAIT!" Kobeni screamed and watched Power in horror. Power started driving fast and looked at Denji and Kurose, Denji wasn't going to die anyway so she didn't care. After Power crushed Kurose and Denji, she stopped the car, Power quickly got out of the car and pointed to Y/N.

"This kid told me to kill him, ask to Kobeni!" Power yelled. Y/N got out of the car and saw Aki looking at him in shock, but Y/N pointed at Kurose, Kurose had changed into another man.

"OH MY GOD...HAYAKAWA LOOK! HIS FACE CHANGED!!" Kusakabe yelled and pointed at the man, Aki looked at the man shocked.

"I know this face...This is a Devil hunter who moonlights as a hit man in America. He's one of three brothers, they have a contract with skin devil. As far as i know, they can steal the appearances of corpses they've touched..." A man said. Power watched Y/N for a while confused, averted her gaze and watched the ground. Why did i do that? Power thought then looked at the man.

"I KNEW IT!! Looks like i was the only one who saw through the enemy's disguise!! THE GLORY IS MINE, MINE!! DENJI, I AVENGED YOU!!!" Power yelled, hugging to Denji tightly.

"Three brothers have that contract, that leaves two more. They could have already replaced any of us." Yoshida said, others agreed with him.

"We'll show each other our devils to verify our identities. Let's move somewhere quiet." Kusakabe said, they nodded. Y/N and others followed after Kusakabe, Power helped Denji to walk...

===============================

THE NEXT DAY

"Let's grab lunch in this department house." Denji said. As everyone entered, Kusakabe turned around and blew on the toy-like people following them, turning them to stone.

"Whoa! They turned to stone. Cool!" Denji said, Y/N watched them confused then kept walking away.

"Stay back unless you want to end up like them. The stone Devil is fickle." Kusakabe said. Interesting. Y/N thought and turned around, watching them.

"It's the doll devil...If they touch you, even just your clothes, you'll turn into one of them." Yoshida said. Y/N was praying that someone wouldn't warn her that these aren't real toys.

"How did you know they were coming?" Angel said.

"The footsteps of the people at a distance from us were too systematic. Watch them and you'll see what i mean. Humans have more idiosyncrasies in their gaits."Furuno said.

"Miss makima had warned us Germany's santa would be coming. All we had to do was stay vigilant and ready with countermeasures." Kusakabe said. The same, toy-like man was going to attack Kusakabe again, but Kusakabe turned him into stone, and the man fell to the ground.

"Creepy. How many of these things are there?" Denji said and looked down at the man.

"I don't know what kind of contract santa has...But strong devils need strong contracts. There should be a limit to how dolls he can make..." Aki said. Y/N heard the windows breaking and started to hear a lot of footsteps, she looked around confused because she couldn't see anything because of their height.

"THE SECOND FLOOR! RUN FOR THE SECOND FLOOR!!" Furuno yelled. Everyone started running fast, Y/N continued to look around in confusion and started running as Denji pulled her with him.

"HEY!! TURN THEM INTO STONE ALREADY!!" Denji yelled and contuined running.

"THERE ARE TOO MANY! I CAN ONLY DO IT FROM ON TOP OF THE CIRCLE!" Kusakabe yelled and looked at Denji.

"THEY'RE ALMOST ON ME!! CLIMB FASTER, YOU TRASH!!" Power screamed and looked behind her in anger. Denji turned around and hit the dolls attacking Power, but Power and Denji didn't turned into a toy, and they both turned around and looked at Kusakabe, he was looking at them shocked.

"What the hell man?! We aren't turning into dolls!" Denji yelled in anger then looked at Power, Power agreed with him.

"Oh! Of course! Only humans get turned into dolls! Fiends must be immune!" Kusakabe said. The toys were starting to come closer to them.

"NAKAMURA!! DO IT!!" Furuno suddenly yelled.

"YES SI-" As Nakamura was about to use his Devil, he saw all the dolls shatter into pieces and fall to the ground.

"Whoa." Denji said and scratched behind his head. Y/N's blood returned to her body and she saw everyone staring at her.

"Yeah...Let's go..." Kusakabe said, an awkward smile on his face.

"Who's that?" Aki said and pointed at Nakamura.

"We've had multiple Devil hunters stationed in every building along your patrol route these last several days. We wanted to keep battles short. We can contain the collateral damage that way too. The people turned into dolls can never be themselves again...We aren't running from santa, we wanted to put him down effectively." Furuno said. As they continued to talk, Y/N was proud of herself for what she had just done.

"Sorry that we've been using you as bait, Denji..." Furuno said. Y/N sighed and walked away from them.

"The dolls can only be controlled from nearby. Santa is close. We'll put an end to it all today." Kusakabe said and continued walking. Today? Y/N thought. There was probably going to be a big battle today, yet Y/N didn't feel ready...

1111 words...